It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

Lindsabins HB User
Unhappy Kinda disappointed

Hi guys, I made it to day 8 and I am so proud. However, The last few days I have had horrible mouth pain. I took so much advil and tylenol which did not work at all. I went to the dentist today and I have a horrible infection in my mouth. My gums are so swollen that you can barely see my teeth. Well, he was going to prescribe me 30 vicoden but I asked if I could have less and explained that I have an opiate addiction and asked if there was anything else he could give me and he said with this kind of pain nothing non-narcotic will help. So I had to take 1 vicoden today so far and I really did not wnat to but the pain is so bad. Why did I have to get this when I decided to quit. Anyway, I gave my husband the bottle and he will be passing them out to me as needed and when I need them no longer they are down the toilet. I am just so disappointed that I have to take them ya know. Hope everyone is doing good... Lindsay]

Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Kinda disappointed

Hello Linsa

Honey, you have taken the right steps here by giving Hubby the meds to hold. Good for you! Sometimes there are just situations that are going to crop up that one of us, addict or not, is going to legitimately need pain relief. Do not feel any guilt please about using a narcotic correctly for its intended use. Just be wise, *** you have, in letting the prescriber know up front and putting safety nets, like having someone else hold them, in place. Job well done. Smiles.

Oil of Clove... from any health food store for about $4 can be a great source of relief also. It will numb the gums as well as Novacaine! I used it while I was undergoing some dental work after I had stopped pain meds. It is a good resource to keep in the house for dental flare ups. Just rub it on the gums and I think you will be amazed at the relief it offers.

Get well soon. And good job with the safety nets.
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Lindsabins,I agree with Reach. I definetly would have had a stroke if offered pills by a REAL DOCTOR...my little demon whould have had a hard time w/ that.
Good job!!!

jerry.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
(female)

vickyc HB User

good for you Lindsay! You did the right thing...and you know they say to do the right things first! And secondly you flushed! Its tough. I know this. I know for everything I do even if it has nothing to do with pills, what ever action makes me question things I have to check my motives for doing what ever it maybe. Check my motives! Sounds easy.....

Good for you and Reach is right about the oil of cloves!! Smells bad, taste bad but oh so effective!! Vicky

Closed Thread