It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

vickyc HB User
Soon will be on suboxone..not to proud of it..BUT...

I finally was able to speak to my Dr's office that will be starting me on Suboxone. This is what I know thus far. Starting tomorrow at 11am, no opiates, I can take Benzo's and Clonidine...then at 11:30 on Friday I have my first appointment. That will be a 250.00 Visit and I will be there for about 4-5 hours. He will try do find my dose then, from what the nurse at the office states, she thinks I will be on 8mg three times a day. She assures me I will feel wonderful by the time I leave her office. She also thinks I will be on it for 3-6 months. I go back for a follow up in 5-10 days, another 100.00 then it should be monthly at 100.00 a visit. The pills...ready for this one will run me about 600.00 a month...Yikes!! I dont want this history in my insurance so I will be paying out of pocket..If the price alone wont make me taper off more quickly..I dont know what will!! She does tell me there is a lozenger coming out that is 1/2 the price of the pills....Whew... Now..if any one can add to what to expect or ANYTHING to assist in my transistion..Please give me a shout out...Please!

Peace and love...Vicky

Old 04-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
Re: Soon will be on suboxone..not to proud of it..BUT...

OK...*deep breath*
I just wrote this long winded note and deleted it. I think I was sounding, hmm, judgemental??? I dont want to be like that,thats not me. I really am happy for you that you're doing something good about this.
Am I out of line saying 6 months is too long?
I just want to see you do this as quick and as painless as possible. i care. I dont want to see you drag this out.
damn it there I go again.
let me start over....
How was your day?
I really hope you had a great day. Sounds like you may get a bit sick for a day or two b4 they get ya the Sub,but be strong, please.
I had a bit of a heart stopper thing myself earlier.
one of my dealers called me w/ oxys.said, "I got what you want". Got off REAL quick and deleted the #.
Just for a sec,tho, that lil' voice was naggin' at me...just for a sec.

You need to do whats best for YOU. Whatever is going to work to get you off the stuff is a good thing. If you can, tho please dont drag it out...Sorry,there I go again.
i'll check back in a little bit. keep me posted,ok?

***great big giant hugs***

jerry.

Last edited by jerry111165a; 04-22-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

btw,dont be "not too proud of it"
the bottom line is that you are doing whatever it takes to do the right thing.You are doing what Vicky needs to do to beat the beast.
Whatever it takes,hon,whatever it takes.Be proud that you are making the big effort.Darn, its so easy not to make that effort...but you are. i'm wicked proud of you. Be strong. hang in there. Its only gonna get better. I'll be right here for ya,whatever you need.

gotta run,back later on.

peace.
jerry.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
(female)

vickyc HB User

I hate the fact of quiting one opiate to go on another, but damn that CT kicks my but about day 3 or 4..I know..this is what is supposed to, but I so weak. I am praying that I can be off the subs within a month...Just need to find out from someone hear what the best way to taper is?!?! Hummmm?

Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
(female)

vickyc HB User

Okay Jerry, re read the post before your last post on this thread and you are so biting your tongue!! You know me well enough here that I want the good the bad and the ugly!! This is how I learn, how I get stronger and how I stay sober..now, spill it buddy!!!!!

And anyone that is reading this, please share your thoughts, obviously I think sub is the next best right things for me, so I need to hear why it MAY NOT be..yeah? Thanks all **big Hugs**

Old 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

ok,ok...I guess I just worry about the whole switching one for the other thing. There,I said it. At the same time I am a total hypocrite because I tried to get on it.
But, at the same time i am so glad to hear that you are going to try for a shorter span. i guess i saw the 6 month thing and said what i should not have and for that I apologise.I just worry,I guess. I should never judge and again i apologise,profusely. I just want badly to see you do well. the 6 month thing kind of threw me for a loop,but at the same time I do realize how different everyone is and has different needs.
I tried the cold turkey thing many times before,and,same as you, couldnt do it.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to see whatever course you take to work for you. I just know how bad my addiction is and dont wish it on anyone,ever,ever. I feel awful for anyone ever having to go thru this bad thing.
That,said,sorry again.Hope yer not ****** off at me.

jerry.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
(male)

boogie2000 HB User

Why the these time limits?? If anyone was like me (and i wasnt that bad relatively to what i hear at rehab) just a realllly bad hydro habit and lil bit of oxy. Turns into 5yrs on methadone and the last 2 or so now i am on 4mg of sub. I have an amazing life!!! i am still young (yea--young) and i have a life. I have been on opiates for a long time--i understand that, but i go to AA for the past 6-7 years and changed my life--its not so much about the chemicals in your body. Its is our behaivior!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

I think I need to learn to shut my mouth sometimes when I have no idea what I'm talking about. Had a bad afternoon/evening yesterday. Of course wanting nothing but the best of luck for you on this.

jerry.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Vicky, just wondering how its goin'...
Hope you can forgive my ignorance. Sometimes I open my damn fool of a mouth when I shouldnt.;(
Anyhow,thinkin about how you're doing,miss ya, and hope yer doing good.

peace.
jerry.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

10:20pm.

hope you have a good day tomorrow.
hang in there.

jerry.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
(female)

vickyc HB User

Jerry you do NOT have a fool's mouth..I value your opinion very much..just because one is not or did not what others did to make them selfs well does not make a fool!! We are working all in this together, and everyone who dares to even post has something we can all learn from!! And I know you agree. I do wish these sites allow for PMing... I have not used since noon today and just feeling tired an crabby. I love that word..crabby! I want to feel just tired and crabby tomorrow, or even just crabby would be nice..I have really thought about sub and going to give myself 6 weeks. I should say, in 4 weeks I will know if I am ready to jump the sub wagon. I thanks you and everyone here for stepping in an posting, I value what everyone here has to say that may enlightned me...Love and peace! Vicky

Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

3:47am...argghhh....exhausted.
Dont push the jumping off quick thing,hon. You and your doctor will know when you are ready. Sometimes I wish I had? had the strength to tell more people,like my doctor how bad off I was instead of going the horrible route (pretty much instant cold turkey,2 days of ?taper)
It was so bad...cause I did it when I got the flu,too...what an idiot...*lol*
*smile* Wife calls me "crabbyman"...hahaha
I have no idea how she didnt leave me years and years ago...she has never had any kind of problem w/ drugs,only me...
Well,yer obviously not going to feel well today, and I hate to see you go thru it but it sounds like you may have some relief tomorrow morning,so cool.
So glad you came in tonite. Please keep me posted?

*hugs*

peace.
jerry.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

11 am....you have 24 hours in now...hang in there!

jerry.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #14
(female)

vickyc HB User

. ..ummm...its now 1:15 and I have 22 hours clean..dont go there!! But 22 is good, right now I feel cranky, but still able to break a smile and something funny, hands are jittery, tummy is alive and kicking! I have already told myself I am not clean until I am off all substance..thats the old NA way I learned, my sponsor would flip her lid if I told her I was on Sub. And as far as my primary dr?!? He only knows I am an addict. I didnt go to him for the Sub, but..I do know the Dr who is going to prescribe to me the Sub....I know most of the Docs in my area or for me maybe thats . I was married too when my world of addiction came to surface, but unlike you, it was my me who just wanted to get clean and leave him. But it was him who fought for our marriage. I am glad he did. But the ironic thing is..after 7 years, we will be divorced officially May 14 and it has nothing to do with the addiction...well almost! Your wife love you Jerry, plan and simple...standing by thru sickness and in health. Thats what its all about and that between your daughter and your wifes love.. and most of all your sobriety..what better gifts of life..your a very rich rich man, Jerry!!

Well...let me get back to trying to do something creative...TV...come back this this later, this site is my saving grace right now!! Lots of love to all...Vicky

Old 04-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

sorry about the divorce.I dont wish it on anyone,but I guess it is what it is. Hope yer as ok with it as you can be. Never asked,or saw...do you have kids?
The wife thing...well,we've grown comfortable with each other...we've been married,geez,17 years...long time,huh?
I really think the 3 girls have helped us out. they are an absolute handful,sometimes I gotta say. You girls are worse than boys...hahaha God I swear they fight worse than boys sometimes...

So listen,,,,little less than 24 hours and you can get some relief...hang in there,baby.

hmmm,just realized I am getting paid to sit here and do this...*lol* not exactly, but what they dont know dont hurt 'em...I do way more than I'm supposed to,anyhow...getting here at friigin 4 in the morning hours b4 anybody else...*smile*

see ya.

Closed Thread