It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

twinca HB User
Hi, I'm new to this but I would like information on detox from Suboxone

Hi,
I am new to this but I would like some information on detoxing from suboxone. I've been taking suboxone 6mg daily for about 2 years. I want to stop taking it. What are the withdrawals like? I'm tired of taking pills and I stopped taking Norco 2 years ago when I got on suboxone. Now I feel like I went from one addiction to another. I'm tired of taking pills to make me feel better. Can someone give me advice or encouragement. Any information will be appreciated! Thank you, Denise

Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Hi, I'm new to this but I would like information on detox from Suboxone

hey denise, some1 will post soon with some advice, just hang on in there.
I would say that tapering down to a minimal level would be advisable 1st (so long as your Dr knows)

Are you in Stockton on Tees?

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

vickyc HB User

Thanks Denise for this great post. I will be starting sub on Friday, had tried to quit CT several times with failure so I am trying Sub out. A dear friend here is basically saying the same thing as you are about getting off one and onto the other. Dennis, I would love to hear your experience on Suboxone and Yoss, would love to read your advice. My dr's office tells me 3 to 6 months on the Sub, so I have it in my head I want off in 6 weeks! Thanks for reading and thanks for submitting! Love and Peace..Vicky

Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

rozetat2 HB User

Hi. My name is Denise too. I was on suboxone for 2 years and recently quit just over a month ago. I got down to 2mgs and jumped. I couldnt get any lower. Get some clonidine, seroquel and maybe some darvocets-- you can do this

Old 04-25-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
(female)

norco18 HB User

Hi, I am new too and just looking for info and support. I have been on some form of prescription painkiller for over 18 years now and on sub since 2/20. I felt amazing and free and energetic on the sub and got down to 1/4 a pill and then stopped, thinking that was enough tapering. It's been since Sunday, almost 5 full days, since my last dose and it's horrible. Turns out 'jumping' from 2 mg to nothing isn't a good, smart idea. Didn't know that but now that I do, I don't want these past few nasty days to be for nothing. I just want to know when it will end. I homeschool my kids, my husband is clueless and I feel like I am dying, especially inside. Dramatic? Probably but man, this HURTS, inside and out. Any suggestions, besides Rx drugs because that isn't happening. I called the dr today and he said, "Well, nothing you can do but go through it. good luck and see you at your next appt." I have an rx for more sub but I don't want to do that. I just want a light at the end of the tunnel. thx.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User

Hello Norco. I think you read my post on a different thread but in case you did'nt here goes. The Sub was'nt an intense W/D but it was long lasting (like methadone). I felt real bad for weeks and did'nt sleep, had depression and that feeling of malaise. I still have a shakey hand even after 50 days. I don't know what to think of Sub at this point. Is it really a better drug?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
(female)

Denise1971 HB User

Oh my Gosh.....No Darvocet...They are opiates, it would be counterproductive!!!

Closed Thread