It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
Hey any of you deadheads (or not) :)

I'm in a wierd but great,great mood this morning. This may be an unusual post but I just wanted to share some of my wild vibes this morning!

I ridce in to work early.Real early...I'm actually kind of late right now at 5:30...*laughing* Just finished my prayers,as this is my nice quiet time by myself.
Any of you that dont know me, one of my basic,purest joys in life is the grateful dead, has been for many,many years...funny,when I was using I havent been listening...my mind has been F-ed up for a long time here...anyway. So I'm finishing my prayers and decide to thro in a cd...not sure which one...and here comes this smokin hot Estimated Prophet...one of my favorite Sunday night church songs...*laughing*

We're standing on the beach,
The sea will part before me
(Fire wheel burning in the air)
And you will follow me,
And we will ride to glory !!!
(Way up the middle of the air)

And I'll call down thunder
And speak the same
And my word fills the sky with flame
And might and glory gonna be my name!!
And men gonna light my way

I could just picture Bobby flicking his hair back, beltin' out these lyrics, with Jerry standin' off to the side grinning ear to ear, rockin' back and forth and picking out those sweet licks on that beautiful guitar....

So Estimated finishs off beautifully into a nice He's Gone...
I was so pumped, screaming out the tune myself, Hey i know I sound like crap but I was alone,remember...hahaha

By the time it came to "Nothing left to do but SMILE,SMILE,SMILE"
I was crying, and laughing..yeah,yeah,I'm a wierdo,I know...*lol*

Anyhow,I just needed to pass on some GREAT VIBES TO YOU ALL!!!!!!
I'm tired but I feel good! My eyes are not dark anymore.My energy is just starting to come back.I'm not sleeping,but thats ok,it'll come!
2 WEEKS!!!
*laughing*

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

love,
jerry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
(male)

Razumikhin HB User
Re: Hey any of you deadheads (or not) :)

Hiya Jerry,

I'm an ex-deadhead. Saw them about five times in the mid-late seventies. Concerts were some of the most fun ever. Can't say I listen to them much anymore, though sometimes I get the urge to put on American Beauty or Bertha.

How are you doing? You and I both have that "get up early" thing going on!

Keep Truckin!

Best,

Raz

Old 04-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
(male)

Razumikhin HB User

BTW, 2 weeks is really AWESOME!! Great work!!

Raz

Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Raz,doin' great!
I'm walkin around the office w/ a great big feel good smile on my face,they probably all think I'm high I'm in such a great mood right now. *laughing*
I was in Cally in late 80's...saw a mess of shows..took one summer off after roofing for 10 yrs w/out a vaca...what a summer.
Couple of my better memories were seeing Garcia Electric Band in a field in northern California up in the redwoods w/ Doctor John...hitchhiked the whole country that summer...32 states on foot...Up on the Eel River in Humboldt county...*smile*
Still got the wristband that says "Electric on the Eel"...
Another one was Aids Benefit in San Fran, 1989...John Fogerty showed up out of the blue after nobody had seen him for 10 years...just walked out center stage w/ a guitar over his shoulder...place was roarin'...and then the Grateful Dead come walkin out behind him and they all laid down 2 hours of Creedence tunes together!

If you get a chance,throw on some Dead tunes.It just may bring that smile on yer face that you need sometime.

peace.
jerry.

Last edited by jerry111165a; 04-24-2008 at 06:18 AM.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
(female)

cakesluvscheeks HB User

Hey Jerry I myself have been a Deadhead since I was in diapers. My brother took care of me a lot as a child. (parents too busy for a change of life baby)*sigh* anyway...I can remember being at shows as young as 6 years old. *smiles* Man I can remember watching in awe as the beautiful ppl around me laughed and danced. How free they seemed. So many different colors and smells. You could feel the energy in the air.Of course as I grew older I went out on my own and saw many a show. The last show I went to was August 1995. We all know how that ended. I have always turned to music and poetry as a way of "escape". I found that during the last 2 years (my H years) I lost contact with my roots of music. The last couple of days I've been listening again. It really has brought a lot of memories back. * big smiles* Thanks for stirring up some of the best days of my life. I'll leave you with this..one of my all time favorites.The last show at Soldier Field they played an encore of this song and it gave me goosebumps. At the time no one knew what was to come,but now, I at least have a deeper understanding of why this song affected me the way it did. This song helped me cope with the death of my 1 year old grandson. As well as the death of my best friend...my mom.

~Walk into splintered sunlight
Inch your way through dead dreams
to another land
Maybe you're tired and broken
Your tongue is twisted
with words half spoken
and thoughts unclear
What do you want me to do
to do for you to see you through
A box of rain will ease the pain
and love will see you through~

Old 04-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

*smile*

My oldest daughter,Althea,*grin* ( I have 3 daughters)and I go to shows together. Of course we cant see the big guy, but we have tickets to go see Phil in Boston come June...She's 12, been to 18,20? shows w/ me...luvs it.
She was probably 6,too when I first brought her...

I was actually in Philly one year when Phil pulled out Unbroken Chain for the first time ever...place was goin nuts and I didnt know why till later...

I know what you mean about the energy in the air...was incredible,wasnt it?
I also know what you mean about not listening when you were using...kind of like you would taint the absolute pureness of it...

keep listening. good vibes,good vibes!

"Just a box of rain, wind and water
Believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on
Sun and shower, wind and rain
In and out the window like a moth before a flame

And it's just a box of rain, I don't know who put it there
Believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare
And it's just a box of rain, or a ribbon for your hair
Such a long, long time to be gone and a short time to be there!!"

It feels so good to smile.

peace.
jerry.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

wouldnt say im a 'deadhead' though i did go see them live in the early 90's & remember an amazing cover version of 'not fade away' by the stones - im sure it went on for about 20 mins! great stage show - though i think they come a close 3rd behind Pink Floyd & James Brown for the best live performance ive ever seen (just my opinion tho)

i must remember to listen to more of the greatful dead tho.

country yoss & the fish

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 04-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

*laughin'*
Yoss,you the man...

Keep on truckin' on....

jerry.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

although im a bit too young - i really dug all that american 60's/70's scene (30 years too late).

Hendrix, Skynnrd, Buffalo Springfield, Country Joe, The Byrds,(and a bit later - Zappa) etc etc

Too much watching easy rider and reading jack kerouac as an impressionable teenager

Tho - as i said - i keep meaning to listen to more greatful dead.

crazy yorss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Closed Thread