It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
(female)

stillfromny HB User
Clean since Nov 06

Wow I cannot believe it has been that long since I quit my 20 Norco 10's a day habit. Its been a long road but a proud one. These boards, the people really helped me when I was going through withdrawal and depression and I came here to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement and to let the one's out there now trying to quit that it is possible with a little self control and willpower. My entire life has changed since I began this journey and all for the better! I actually care about myself now and my self esteem has risen to new heights. When I was using I didn’t care about me or anyone else for that matter just getting "high". Its like a new beginning. I quit CT on my own with help from family, I am in no way saying this way works for everyone its just what worked for me. I think the reason I succeeded was mainly because I moved to another state and took myself out of the environment where they were readily available to me forcing me to quit because I had no choice but to quit. I also used to get such pains near my liver and knew at any moment I could go into liver failure due to my Norco use .

Life is out there waiting for you to live it, you only get one shot and so be strong, be the person you always wanted to be for that is the person this world needs to see and hear.

My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you, anyone feel free to message me if you want to talk.

-Jaime

Last edited by stillfromny; 04-24-2008 at 05:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 AM   #2
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User
Re: Clean since Nov 06

Great post!It is nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel Iam now trying to taper off of 10 to 12 10mg vicodin's a day.I only have a few left and I am thinking about going cold turkey when they are gone.I dropped out 2 pills yesterday and feel ok ,but I know when the pills are gone it is going to hit me like a ton of rocks.I am just so sick of planning my life around these sick pills and not to mention they cost a fortune here.I just want to be normal Iam sick of being sick all the time.
I am really happy for you and I hope I can get there someday!Thank you for sharing .

Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Jaime

Great post.

I think it is so important for those still struggling to get a glimpse into what is awaiting them in a clean life. I am so glad you shared. Hope life just keeps on bringing you happiness and peace.

Best wishes
reach

Old 04-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

great news!

impressive. role model material for the boards.

a true success story. inspiring methinks.

thanks for posting this wonderful piece of news

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 04-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
(female)

stillfromny HB User

Thank You guys for YOUR kind words, it meant so much to me when i could barely lift my head and now it means even more to me that I can finally think clearly. Inspiration is such a magnificent word, thank you for associating me with it, means more than you know.

Love, faith & hope

Jaime

Old 04-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
(female)

dreamingoutloud HB User

I'm so happy to hear of another's successful break from these horrible pills! I admire you for you ability to do it cold turkey! That takes a lot of backbone....you must be an incredibly strong person. I tapered myself off...and landed physically softly...the mental part was another story! LOL! I'm really glad to hear your story! Sobriety is a miracle...it feels so wonderful doesn't it?

Love, peace and understanding...

Dream...

Old 04-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
(female)

stillfromny HB User

Daisy I know how scared you feel I was there several times throughout the years before finally giving up the chase. Please trust me when I say life is so much better without them, I know its hard to hear when your body hurts and you crave them but when that all ends it will be a new beginning for you. I have faith that you will overcome it, just be strong and please keep us posted.

Love & hope,

Jaime

Old 04-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
(female)

stillfromny HB User

Thanks Dreaming and yes it does feel wonderful!! I would never ever touch another pill because I know what will happen if I do and I love myself way too much now to put myself,my family and friends through that again. I even let doctors know when I go in that I am a addict so they know right off the bat not to prescribe me anything addictive.

I am praying for you!!!

Jaime

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
(female)

dreamingoutloud HB User

Wow...telling the doctors that you're an addict is a very strong and wise thing to do! I think that i'll let you set an example for me and do the same thing. I haven't seen a doctor since I tapered off...but i'm going to see my neurologist next month...she's known about my struggles with pain meds...she's gone through it with me, but not this time...I'm going to let her know and ask her to never prescribe any narcotics to me again...

Thanks for praying for me, Jaime...I believe deeply in the power of prayer, and i'll be praying for you as well...

peace, love and understanding

Dream...

Closed Thread