It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

USgirl HB User
Help, I messed up!!!!

Hi everyone, I went to the doctors and chickened out about my fioricet problem!!!!! I'm so ******! I'm just so afraid to stop because without it, I don't feel right. I have no ambition, I'm grumpy, my headaches are more frequent. Now I'm pretty sure I'm starting menopause,- got tested, waiting on results- what menopause systoms I'm having, the fioricet takes away!! Or is it all in my head? I'm so confused I want to flip out!!!! But I know my body and how I feel, when I take them, I feel normal!!!!! Help!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Help, I messed up!!!!

Hi,

Dont beat yourself up about chickening out (as you call it) - its a hard thing to broach with a doctor. These drugs have a way of burrowing deep into our daily routines - and without them we think we may not be able to do x,y,z etc etc. The lack of ambition, headaches etc is part & parcel of giving up any addiction - the pills will tell you other wise. The best advice still - is see a doctor, they usually know best. its just making that first massive step. As a mid thirties male - i know i dont fully understand your predicament - but i think if you've made the choice to ditch the pills, then your body/mind has brought this to your attention for a reason. I've no doubt someone way more knowledgeable will post something more meaningful soon. All i can say is 'hang in there' and i wish you all the very best.

take care

yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

dreamingoutloud HB User

Hi--
Don't feel so bad about not talking with your doctor today...it's scary to give up your doc...I was on fioricet, and it's really hard to think of life without it. The caffeine in it gives you energy and the barbituate relaxes you...and after a while you feel like crap without it...but i'm here to tell you that life is sooooo much better without it!! You've got to tell your doctor so he/she could put you on a little phenobarbitol to get you off of the butalbitol in it...but you'll be ok...I was on this horrible drug for a long time...I even took the form that comes with codeine, so it was that much harder to give up...but I did it and believe me, if I could then so could you...just gear yourself up, and come back to life...trust me you'll be so happy that you did!!

Dream...

Old 04-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

USgirl HB User

Thank you dreamoutloud!! your reply calmed me down a lot! How long do you think I'll need phenobarbitol? Will that be hard to come off of as well?? When I get hooked, I get hooked! But I made up my mind to call and make another appointment with my doctor and tell her everything!! If she won't help, then I'll keep looking for someone who will!!!!! Thank you again!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
(female)

dreamingoutloud HB User

I'm really glad that I helped to calm you down....I came off of fioricet a few years ago...and I don't quite remember how long I was on phenobarbitol, but I know that it wasn't for that long...your doctor will get you off quickly, so you won't get addicted to it...I hope that you can rest easier now knowing that you've decided to talk to her about it...you have a great attitude about this! You're going to get through this...if I could then you definately will, because when I get hooked, I really get hooked too...but just remember...there's always a way to get un-hooked!

peace, love and understanding

Dream...

Old 04-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

USgirl HB User

Dear dreamoutloud,
Well I told my husband that I have a problem, he said he already new!! but he didn't know its been 6 years!! After I go to my doctors and hopefully she'll give me the phenobarbitol, should I have him hold on to it so I take the right amount? I don't want to cause anymore problems between us, but I need someone to do that so I don't mess up again. I'll have to explain that there might be days I'll get ****** off at him for not giving me what I want, but thats the adiction talking. I know this isn't just my problem, it affects him just as much and I feel terrible about. I told him I want him to read on here what I've been saying to get a better understanding, and hopefully he will. I'll keep you posted and thank you more then you'll ever know!!!!!!

Closed Thread