It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
(male)

acaptainn HB User
Myself and my wife begin suboxone treatment , Yipppeeeeee!!!

I start on Monday and my Wife starts Tues.

We have to detox starting tomorrow evening ( friday ) So we can start the Suboxone this coming week.

We are sooooooooooooo excited !!!!! To get this chance to beat our addiction with the Doctors help.

Stay tuned more to come.

Peace and Prayers to all. Acap. and Wigglewoman < ( my wife )

Old 04-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
(female)

vickyc HB User
Re: Myself and my wife begin suboxone treatment , Yipppeeeeee!!!

Way to go! I am so excited for you both...it is going to be tough, I am on my first 24 hour of detox and cant imagine having somehere to to it with, my kuko to you both. I am a cranky crabby nasty woman right now that soon enough I am going to bed, . Dr said I could take something for nerves and for the leg/muscle twitching and aches so I did today and they really helped, they just made me sleep for about 5 hours I am not to crazy about driving tomorrow, because I dont know how shaky I will be. and of course it will be about a 4 to 5 hour stay, with a drive to the pharmacy before i get the sub, so am am nervous. Please keep us posted on your journeys!! should be so helpful to us both and all other out there! Love and peace Vicky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Hi and Thanks Vicky. I noticed your in FLOREEDUH too, we live in the spacecoast area.

You stated that you have to go to the pharmacy to get your prescription of Sub. And that your worried about the condition you will be in to drive.

My Doc. Said that HE will give me my 1st dose at his office when i go in Monday morning and that i will be staying there a few hours to be monitored.

So maybe your fear is unwarranted ( i hope for you thats the case )

I do beleive it will be helpfull for all of us to talk here (as you said)

Your in our prayers.

Acap. an Wiggle <( my wifey)

Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Capt and Wiggles

I am with you 110% on this. I am so very happy that mrs Capt is able to be in on this ... seems like it worked out!

Guys... you are on your way to a better, happier, freer life than you can even imagine. Use your time on the sub wisely and learn, learn, learn all that is needed to reach a truly restored life. Get to meetings, work that Big Book together, keep on posting. This is an exciting time for you both. Embrace it.

Hugs
reach

Old 04-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #5
(female)

norco18 HB User

Good luck. Like one poster said, use it wisely and I suggest getting off quickly as possible. You will feel amazing, normal, wonderful, HUMAN again without all the horrible behaviour problems too. Just taper down as soon as it is safe and get off of it. Or, at least try. I know everyone is different but I am going through bad sub wd's and don't wish it on anyone else. Good luck to you both!! hugs

Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

To A&W,

I wish you all the success in the world.

May this be the beginning of many positive things to come.

Good things come to those who wait; both you and your wife are living proof.

Take care.

Phoenix

Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Thanks evryone for ur support and advise.

Vicky, yes i was supposed to got to the Sub Doc. last month, but the wife and i deciced to get my scripts filled and taper off on our own.( And cancelled the Doc. appt )

Well surprise, we abused them,, didnt taper, an went off the deep end AGIAN.

At least we got our heads out of our butts and did go see the doctor.

Tomorrow we start detoxing b4 getting on the Sub Monday( for myself )
and possibly monday for Wiggle but Tuesday at latest for her.

Vicky, please share your experiance with us starting today ( your 1st day on SUB. and in the future as well.

Hi all, this is wiggle, acaps wifey. I want to thank everyone for their support and uplifting posts. We are both so excited to be given the opportunity, with a doc, to begin a new and better life. I had been clean for 12 years before I found the world of oxycontin, so I do know how wonderful it can be. I didnt have anyone by my side when I detoxed before so having acap will definately be a plus. I cant imagine our relationship being better than it is now but I know that I know it will be.

Its also very scary to me, not the getting off part, I am really excited about that, its the withdraw part, knowing how hard and painful it will be. We both have really good jobs and that fear of losing my job puts so much stress on me but acap keeps reminding me my life is so much more important than my job and I know he is right about that. I also have the fear of my family finding out. They were so proud of me for getting and being clean and it would just tear me apart for them to be disappointed but the good part of that is, I wont have to lead that double life anymore. I know if you've been there you understand what I mean.

Thank you all for your prayers and please keep praying for us and we will continue to keep you all in ours. We will also make sure we give you a daily update and would like to hear from all of you, you also know how important that is.

PRAYERS and well wishes to all.

Closed Thread