It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

norco18 HB User
Suboxone withdrawal - what I've learned, still need help!

I am new to these boards but in the past few days have scoured them for adivce on dealing with suboxone withdrawal. Thank you for all who posted ideas, suggestions, etc. I learned a great deal and tried many of the non-Rx remedies to help with the problems. The worst for me has been the constant chills-cold sweats-hot sweats-chills again. It was almost 85 degrees here yesterday and I was bundled under blankets.

I've tried the immodium tablets, some vitamin supplements and found out the benedryl I was taking to sleep was making me worse! (I know there seems to be some division about this one; works for some, not for others) I also tried the one thing everyone seemed to suggest: hot baths. I guess those do help, but I have a word of caution to people who might not have eaten in awhile, have been losing liquid from diarrea, or who have low blood pressure: don't bathe in extremely hot water without someone around to help. I took a bath yesterday and when I stood up to get out, passed out from a drop in blood pressure. I woke up with a nasty bump, freezing cold with a bloody nose. Thankfully our stupid bathroom is carpeted (who DOES that??) so that must have helped.

Does anyone have any other tips? I would really appreciate it. Also, how long can I expect this? I took sub for two months, almost to the day, going down from 16 mg to 2 mg (a 1/4 tablet) and then going cold turkey, thinking that was a low dose to stop at. I have since learned it isn't, but I don't want to waste the last 5 days either by starting up again.

How do I get any energy back? I have kids, a husband, all that stuff. I want to feel like I did on the sub WITHOUT being on it. Is that even possible? WHen does the new "normal" start? Thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User
Re: Suboxone withdrawal - what I've learned, still need help!

Hello Newbie. I was in the same situation. Was on 8-16mgs a day for about 2 mos. I did'nt even taper down, I just stopped (that was a mistake). It will take about a month to feel normal again, even at only 2 months of use. Sub is a long acting opiate that is designed to stick to receptors. I think this is why it takes so long to detox from.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
(female)

norco18 HB User
Re: Suboxone withdrawal - what I've learned, still need help!

Thanks for your words. I haven't even been on the boards for a couple of days because I feel so horrible. I truly just want to go to sleep and not wake up. I know it sounds "dramatic" but I am hoping you understand what I mean. If it was just me, I would do just that. But, honestly now, if it was just ME, I would still be taking the drugs in the first place. Why do we feel so much better ON the meds and so much worse off? I called my doctor last week and he said I would feel like this for a week. I called him today and he said, "Three or four more weeks" like this. I am still having cold sweats, restless legs, aches like the worst flu ever and on and on. I have lupus and I know that causes pain, but the only thing the rhuemotologist (sp?) offers is more drugs. Death at least would be quieter. Sigh.

Last edited by norco18; 05-01-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Closed Thread