It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
(female)

norco18 HB User
Does anyone else find it ironic?

Just a thought: the doctor who first gave me norco to treat a pain condition (and then I used it to self medicate for an assault) is also the doctor who treats narcotic addication with suboxone. It is a pain clinic that doles out the drugs to get you hooked, then gives you the drugs to 'unhook' you...

Isn't that saying something about the dangers of these meds? I was a huge fan, believe me, and LOVED and fought for my right to pain meds, but now I just wonder, was it too easy for them to write scripts? I take responsibility, believe me, (and my body is taking it now with the wd's) but why would the same place that gives meds also treat addiction? That just seems odd to me. Any explanations?
Thanks.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Does anyone else find it ironic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco18 View Post
but why would the same place that gives meds also treat addiction? That just seems odd to me. Any explanations?
Thanks.
I don't mean to be crass, but it's pretty simple actually.....Docs are sworn by the medical oath of "do no harm" when they become Docs. So, when you are in pain (or say you are), they are required to treat you. Pain meds have a proper place in our medical system as they are a god send for millions who struggle with chronic pain. However, these meds do become abused by many. Therefore, these same Docs have a medical duty to treat your next medical condition.....Addiction.

Ex

Last edited by Executor; 04-25-2008 at 07:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread