It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
(male)

falcone HB User
Hi guys, need some help.

Im a student in my early twenties and Im worried.

I binge drink, although not every day - but especially this year maybe 3 times a week.

Its around 10pm where I am now and I had my last drink Sunday morning around 4 or 5am.

I was drinking fairly strong beers then moved onto hard liquor. I often get to the state where I dont remember large parts of the night.

On sunday I was pretty shaky but nothing out of the ordinary, ive had worse hangovers.

Then came nighttime, Alone in my flat I got this uncontrollable feeling of panic, about nothing really, I started feel disorientated also.

When I woke up today, I had slept probably 10 hours, and I was groggy when I woke up, and my eye sight seemed worse as well as my general senses. This didn't shake off and I felt disorientated and sometimes not so great on my feet and the panic has remained, despite taking paracetemol and lots of water (also I might add that I didn't urinate much yerterday, despite drinking fluids).

Is this alcohol withdrawal? Are these symptoms? Im beginning to feel something is wrong with me and im scared. Also when should this feeling subside? I dont seem to have any physical symptoms i.e, upset stomach etc, it all seems to do with my head and its making me paranoid.

Could you guys give me some help or perhaps comfort with this.

Thanks you in advance.

Falcone

Last edited by falcone; 04-29-2008 at 02:52 PM.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Re: Hi guys, need some help.

Hi Falcone,
I am so, so sorry that nobody has responded to your post. I am not on this board everday. Seems like people only respond to others that are addicted to pills. Sigh... Anyway.......
What you are experiencing is definatley withdrawls. More specifically PAWS = Post Accute Withdrawl Syndrom. Every thing you said you were feeling is normal per se. Do a search and you will see. Your not going crazy and if you stay off the booze you will recover physically. I'd like to talk to you some more. Call me out when and if you get this post. Hang in there, it does get better.

Your Friend,
Marilyn

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-02-2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: removed quote

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
(female)

Grace75 HB User
Re: Hi guys, need some help.

That might be mild withdrawal. Keep it up, and you will wake up with dry heaves for days, anxenity, and a myriad of other symptoms that you do not want to experience. Sounds like a bad hangover to me. My worst withdrawal was 8 day, where I did not eat, shower, or function. there is also a phenomenal called kindling where the withdrawal will get worse and worse. <removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-02-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: do not instruct members to do outside searches

Closed Thread