It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User
Detoxing from heroin with Suboxone

Just curious if anyone else has tried this. I am at 48hrs after last shot of heroin, and I took a half of suboxone, and feel great, my withdrawl from dope only usually lasts about 72 hrs maybe a little longer, so i figure since i took the sub pill i basically will make it thru the bad hrs, and feel no pain. Could detox really be this easy and painless. Ive gone thru withdrawl 1000 times, but this is the first time i discovered this suboxone. I didnt even take the whole pill just a half, 4 mgs. Anyone else have experience in detowing from H this way???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Detoxing from heroin with Suboxone

hey jo, (where you going with that sub in your hand) sorry, couldnt help the hendrix reference.

anyway, im not too sure. i've had withdrawals from H 1000's of times too. When i switched to subs - i felt bad for 48hrs, nearly full on turkey before they started to work. Its good that you feel ok - but i'd be very surprised if you can get away with jumping off on day 3 and feeling nothing. Im not an expert on this matter though - and there are people on this board who are far more knowledgeable than i am on sub. Just be prepared for the withdrawals - although you dont feel them now, im sure they'll be 'in the mail' - unless you keep taking the sub and taper off it. just in case.

i hope you keep feeling good. let us know how you get on. Your experience of the situation will no doubt help people who post on here in the future - plus im dying to know if you have had a 3 day miracle!

take care

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread