It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
(male)

acaptainn HB User
For and to Reachout ,I know im not the only one.....

Who has been positively affected by your words.

You Reach have a gift for speaking to people/addicts. Thank you so much for being you and for sharing your strength experience,hope,and wisdom !!!

How i wish i could attend meetings in which you were present (and speaking)

Your posts have helped myself my wife,and many others SOOOOOOOOO MUCH........................ Thank you!!

All the best. Acap.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: For and to Reachout ,I know im not the only one.....

Heya Acap

Thank you for your kind words. I am touched softly by them and honored by them and will tuck them away in a corner of my heart ( and take a peek at them on a tough day).

God has allowed many trials and tribulations into my life, but also a great balance with many wonderful and special things. In the give and take of sharing with others, I learn and hopefully can share the learnings.

Let the Circle be unbroken....
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
(female)

sohard HB User

I have been "coming to these rooms" for several years now. I never posted much,only listened - still a part (or should I say not a part) of my ongoing recovery. Never have been one to "throw it all out there" and I do know that after 2 1/2 years of sobriety that this is the reason that I am not TOTALLY joyous, happy and free. I began to do some of this today in response to your post Reach (how to want to get clean/stay clean). Rome wasnt built in a day so you might have to wait a few days for it. All that I have bottled up, it might take you that long to read it.

I remember a few months after your taper, you posted that your time on the board might be limited and you thought that it was probably time that you were a little less dependent on it. Where as I understood the need for the "little birdie to spread it's wings" (or however the saying goes), I, of course, being the selfish addict that I am, thought only of me. How would I be able to function without your wise words and learn from your experiences -not that I ever bothered to have any input or feedback to your post - you were really screwing up my recovery. Good thing you didn't stay gone long.

What I am trying to say is............. In my mind, I know exactly how you should look, your eye color, hair color, the way you talk (sounds kinda creepy, doesn't it? ) I can hear you tell me " Now, Christy Ann, pull your head out of your butt and get on with life" (and I actually do it) That, my friend, is a gift - a gift to reach others (especially ones like me) so deeply that, even for a small second, makes them think that everything makes sense. I truly believe that in God's world, everything happens just the way it's suppose to. I believe that he blessed all of us here with your words - not just written words - heartfelt words from one addict to another.

Christy

Last edited by sohard; 04-29-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Hear Hear.

luv,
jerry.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
(male)

acaptainn HB User

Reach you are so very welcome.

I strive to one day have what you have.

I really do feel that this is my time to get what ive wanted for soooo long.To be clean and sober.
And you Reach are an inspiration to me and my wife

Acap.

Closed Thread