It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
(female)

firelvr HB User
Question Question.....

I have been on and off hydros for a few years..... Everytime I detoxed mostly cold turkey, why is it on the 7th or 8th day I feel soooo good? Like a high? Then it goes away..... I feel that way for just 2 days. anyone else feel like that? And about 3 weeks after detoxing I nearly killed my husband with sex..... Poor guy ..... Just wondering about those great 2 days..... Thanks!
p.s my last hydro was Feb 4th 08.... So I'm clean now.....

Last edited by firelvr; 04-30-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
Re: Question.....

Firelvr,g'morning!

First congrats on being clean since February. Great accomplishment.
I felt the same way at daay 7-8. I think it feels like our own natural endorphins,our "feel good" chemicals in our brain starting to come back after being shut down by the opiates for so long. I felt like I was on top of the world for a few days there...has evened out now.Still feel good, but it does seem like a natural high,doesnt it?

Then the sex thing...*grin*
I had noooo sex drive for a very long time when I was on the pills. None.
Wife was kinda freaked out by it because I've always been really sexual. Mine is just starting to come back,not full swing yet,but getting there.What a relief after no interest in it for so long.
by the way,I wouldnt feel too bad for hubby...poor guy my butt....*lol*

Have a great day!

jerry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

lol.. It's so true. The drugs make it go away.. and when you are actually you again.. it's back in full swing. lol Its funny.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Lack of sex drive bothered me to no end while I was using. My poor wife would want "it", and i would say no every time. She wondered why,as we were always pretty good together b4 I was using but for the last year while I was in full swing w/ the oxys and other opiates I didnt want any, I was always too embarrased to tell her why. I'd always make up some excuse.

trying to make up for lost time now,tho....hahaha

jerry.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User

Its --- I'm RAVAGED by diarrhea..I've been clean a month and what was a welcomed relief to 2 years of constipation has been replaced by ..well you know.

In my post a few days ago, though, I theorized that not only was I was withdrawing but also had numbed myself with drugs to the fact that my job drives me nuts. Now that I'm clean, I went through the same w/d symptoms you described for about a week and now, it's just the diarrhea.

I haven't updated but I talked with the manager yesterday morning and she was GREAT and I realized....all this fog/anxiety has lifted and I was actually CLICKING at work. i had a great day yesterday...except for the diarrhea...

So this morning I got up and

a. made my wife very happy for the first time in ..er. about a month.
b. then realized I wasn't going to make it to work unless there was a porta-potty on the interstate...

so I'm taking a day off...for me...to recover physically. I am using Immodium and it is starting to help. Also keep in mind the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). All of these help with diarrhea a lot. Stay away from sodas and coffee/tea....you want water or preferably apple juice. Drink all you can hold.

I never thought I could write so much about the runs, but hope it helps.

Droopy

Old 05-17-2008, 07:20 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

The runs are just part of it, something we have to accept. BUT, for people like us where the pills have made you constipated for so long.. it's actually a good thing. Except when it hit me, I was at a friend's house. Nothing more embarassing.. lol Anyway, wanted to throw my 2 cents in..

g8trgrl

Old 05-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

ok. i got my laugh for the day. great thread... LOL
but after reading it i HAVE to add just one thing...

do NOT drink apple juice for diareah. it causes it, doesnt cure it.

ok, thats MY two cents.....

michelle

Closed Thread