It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
(male)

hapy jack HB User
Question Spiritual, psychological and physical

hi pheonix i,m usually on the pain board and some of us over there would have to say its not always that simple, that the two- pysical and psychological can affect one another. I certainly would say taking drugs over any long period damages the body. This is an area that i find of particular interest and not many people really understand what it means to recover mentally, physically and spirituallty. Theres a sentence in the big book and i quote "when the spiritual malady is overcome we straighten out mentally and physically"
Do you have any thoughts/expirience around this because i have had theapy also do 12 step program and still haven't recovered physically.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-04-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 04:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Spiritual, psychological and physical

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapy jack View Post
hi pheonix i,m usually on the pain board and some of us over there would have to say its not always that simple, that the two- pysical and psychological can affect one another. I certainly would say taking drugs over any long period damages the body. This is an area that i find of particular interest and not many people really understand what it means to recover mentally, physically and spirituallty. Theres a sentence in the big book and i quote "when the spiritual malady is overcome we straighten out mentally and physically"
Do you have any thoughts/expirience around this because i have had theapy also do 12 step program and still haven't recovered physically.
Hello H,

You are quite right in saying that one can effect the other.

The thing about it is that I "walk on eggshells" so to speak, when it comes to speaking about the spiritual since it is particularly based upon one's beliefs and there are some who are atheists; just don't want to offend anyone and respect a person's right to make their own decision.

For those who believe in religion, I truly believe that a person would definitely benefit from closer spiritual awareness.

Spirituality works towards bringing a person "inner peace" which is a healing process all by itself.

In the case that you are referring to, I believe that the word "physical" refers to the rejuvenating of one's body being substance free.

The statement does not take into account any irreparable damage that may be an end result of extended use...........

In my opinion.

Take care.

Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
(male)

hapy jack HB User

Hi p thanx for reply i ask because i got to stage where w/d symptoms were long gone, craving (obssession) to use had gone but i was left in chronic but scientifically the the scans, x rays etc..etc...weren't showing much to be wrong.
After 2years of abstinence i was so unhappy and frustrated that i reluctantly but with hope went on narcotic meds. can you understand why i ask this Q?
any thoughts because i'm starting to think might have fibro.....

Old 05-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello H,

Throughout recovery, we begin to feel better about ourselves, thus wanting to tend to our health concerns.

Depending on the location of pain, CT scans and even MRI's can be done.

Even MRI's can show minimal abnormalities, yet a person can experience disabilitating pain; it's based upon a person's unique pain threshold.

The meds that you are currently taking are to help minimize your pain; sometimes it is necessary to take a strong prescription for this purpose.

Try to always keep in mind why you are taking it.

Fibromyalgia?...................I couldn't even begin to speculate, due to the fact that your symptoms are not provided.

Even then, it is best for your doctor to provide such a diagnosis.

You can search fibromyalgia on the search bar provided on the top left side of this site; extremely informative.

Take care.

Phoenix

Old 05-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
(male)

hapy jack HB User

If you go to the PM board theres a thread on there on page1 titled "pain meds making me ill" which will tell you much more about my sympyoms.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Touchee(to-shay).

I also have several conditions but certain issues are best left for other boards here.

Takre care.

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Closed Thread