It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

diamondgirl19 HB User
2 days CT from Sub

I started taking Sub 2 months ago after a 3 year abuse of opiates. The doc started me at 2 mg a day and hoped to have me done within a month. The Sub made me feel so good and eventually I ended up taking more than prescribed. At the most I took 12 mgs and at the least 4mg. I finally decided on Saturday that I didn't like the way the Sub was making me feel anymore. I was breaking out in intense sweats and my head started to feel like I was in a fog.

I am doing pretty well at this point. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Sub to be out of your body? I have been very tired and I have been sweating profusely. Are these symptoms of Sub withdrawal?

For all those thinking about trying to quit, it really isn't so terrible. The Sub was fantastic while I was going thru narcotic w/d. I am going to try my hardest to not go back. I think any drug can become addictive if taken by someone with an addictive personality.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
(male)

Friend999 HB User
Re: 2 days CT from Sub

Hi Diamondgirl19

My very best to you in your journey to get off the sub.

There are many people that come on this forum asking about sub withdrawal. It would be very helpful to them if you can keep posting and let them know how it is going. Continuing to post, I believe, would also help you, especially if you have bad withdrawals, anxiety, and/or depression.

The major theme I've heard over the last few months seems to be that suboxone use can clear the head, allow one to "regroup", come to grips with the past,and plan the next step, withdrawal from sub. Another theme is that everyone is different when it comes to withdrawal, either from sub or their original DOC, but if you could document your story, it truly would help others in making their decision about whether to use sub, and for how long.

I know sub use can be a controversial topic. I'm not trying to fuel that controvery. People have to make their own decision, hopefully informed decisions, as to how best for them to get clean. Your story would be just that, one story (I truly am not trying to minimize your story, because your story is the one most important to you and your life, but just that different people respond differently).

I can't remember exactly, but I seem to remember that you have "posted" a number of times. If so, you probably know that there are many tremendous people on this site, and I just feel that your story could be very helpful.

What was your original DOC, how much were you taking before you went on sub, had you tried to get clean, had you relapsed many times, what was your sub dosage the week before going ct after two months on sub, etc., etc.?

I truly hope the withdrawals are minimal, as well as the anxiety, cravings, and depression. You should be proud of what you are doing, and I wish you a happy and joyous life clean from all opiates.

friend999

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

hi diamond -

best decision you'll ever make. keep looking to the future. it just gets better everyday.

hang in there, you're doing brilliantly.

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Old 05-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

Denise1971 HB User

Diamondgirl,

I, like you, took more than perscribed because I felt so good when I took it. My docor stuggles with this fact. She tells me, if you feel good with 3 pills, than why would you want to take four? I told her because it makes me feel even better. She said that it shouldn't, but it does. I don't think that it has been studied enough. I am on 24 mg's. After reading these boards, it appears people are on way less. My doctor said she only has one patient on 32 mg's, but that is the absolute most that should ever be perscribed. That is why I am nervous about tapering off....(If you saw my previous post) because I am on a high dosage!

Last edited by Denise1971; 05-06-2008 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #5
(female)

diamondgirl19 HB User

Denise, I understand what you are saying about Sub making you feel good. I do think that if you want to taper off, you will be able to. I was on a much smaller dose than you and I did experience wd's but nothing compared to those from perc/vic's. Take as much time as you need. I do think it can be done. It's very easy to get caught up in it so I do think the sooner you are done, the better. You just need to be very strict with yourself and not allow yourself to take more than you're supposed to. That is what I struggled with.

I went to see my doctor on tuesday. I decided to go back on 4 mgs/day. I guess it was the easier choice than continuing with abstinence. I do plan to be off the Sub within 2 months but I am going to do a very slow taper. My problem is all in my head because physically I wasn't too bad. I still can't fathom the thought of not ever taking any sort of pill every day. I remember reading somewhere on these boards about "sober" thinking. I think it was Reachout who has written about that many times. That is my problem at the moment. Even though I haven't taking a pain killer since March 1st, I haven't been able to think soberly. I am working on it with a therapist but it has been an extremely difficult concept for me to embrace. Both my psychiatrist and therapist think I need to start going to NA meetings but I haven't been able to bring myself to go.

Good luck with your taper and keep us posted.

Closed Thread