It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
End Of The Road For Me... Need Thoughts and Prayers

Hi Guys,

My last dose of Suboxone will be tomorrow. I'm very proud of myself. I never once relapsed, and have never taken more of the medicine than I'm supposed to. I've gotten down to 1 mg a day, and now I feel it's the time to jump. I'm scared and excited all at once. I'm excited because I know that this journey (at least with the meds) is about to be over. Scared because I don't want to go through any w/d and of the unknown of course. But regardless of what happens, I'm done with the drugs. That I can honestly say. I also want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me out some time or another on here. I can't say how much this board has been a lifesaver for me, mostly in the begenning when you're so unsure of yourself and what's going on. Reach, you are the bomb. Just reading some of your posts have put things in perspective for me. Yoss, I hope to still hear from you... and everyone else. I love you guys, and to everyone out here that's just begenning your journey.. know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Even though there are some very dark times. Just keep God or whoever is your motivator, (kids, etc.) on your side and you will get through. I'll probably be on here, telling you of my progress since I've not taken any more medicine.. I'll keep you posted!!

Love to all,
Brandi
G8trgrl
GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: End Of The Road For Me... Need Thoughts and Prayers

I will pray to my Christian God for you, gatorgirl. You'll be fine.

mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
(male)

Friend999 HB User

g8trgrl15

No, No, No - Not the end of the line, but the BEGINNING of the long road out!

The road back to your LIFE, getting your life back, and a wonderful life!

Please don't be scared. You said you are excited, as well as you should be, and proud. You have accomplished a lot in your preparation for this day. Go for it, g8trgirl15, the prize is near! Whatever the near future will bring in the form of withdrawals, anxiety, or depression, don't look back. Your life is waiing, and it will be a great life, rewarding, and with many loved ones. I'm rooting for you.

Please continue posting, for yourself and others. The "suboxone story" is still a little cloudy. What happens going off at 1 mg can provide a lot of information for those trying to make a decision as to cold turkey off their DOC or suboxone.

My prayers are with you.

Friend999

Old 05-10-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Brandi

What a threshhold you are on, Sweetpea. I fully believe you can make the transition, I really do. I know you can. Everything you have accomplished thus far in tapering, which takes so much discipline, has paved the way.

You know, Brandi, it is a funny thing about the fear as we end a taper. After making it through a few days with nothing, and surviving, we understand that we really can live without the pills. What we hoped for all through the tapering finally comes to be...the conclusion to all we have worked so hard to do. It is going to be the final cut.. AND the final set of withdrawal symptoms for you! This is an awesome thing.

I read a lot on the board about jumping off. Truthfully, though, it was more like a walking away for me. Yes, there was some withdrawal symptoms, but no worse than it had been on any other cut. I was in such a stronger position when that final cut came. I had knowledge, I had tolls to use that had all been gained during the tapering... just like you, Sweetpea.

I am excited for you. I will be here for you with all your other board friends. Lots of thoughts and prayers for you for sure.

With hope always
reach

Last edited by reachout; 05-10-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User

Hey Brandi - just a quick post, as im about to leave the house - i think all the posts below have pretty much covered anything i could've said.
You have an amazing future ahead of you. Its time to enjoy life - if you do feel a little rough round the edges - it wont be that bad & it wont be for long. I know that you're more than capable of it - the fact that you havent relapsed or taken a higher dosage of meds than you should, speaks volumes about who you are. A determined individual who's focussed on a positive goal (and a true friend i'll never forget).
As you know - if there's anything i can do - just ask, so keep posting and let me know how you are.

And like E.T. "I'll be right here"

take care

Hugs n Love

Yoss

(think tebow )

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Last edited by Yossarian22; 05-11-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: poor grammar and spelling due to a rudimentary education

Old 05-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

LOL.. Thanks so much guys for the words and the boosting I needed to do this. I will keep posting to let everyone know how I'm doing, as well as for the needed support.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, even the guys. Whatever you did for your wives or your own Mothers.

Yoss, I start going to the games in September.. So it does give me something positive to think about.

Peace out for now!!!
g8trgrl

Old 05-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello G8,

As you are about to begin your next phase of recovery, let me wish you all the best and remember that whatever you truly focus on finding, you will.

Take care.

Phoenix

Old 05-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

Hey G8 --You will be fine-- the hardest is behind you. This is truely the BEGINNING of another road that you will LOVe to drive on.

D

Old 05-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Brandi, you'll be ok. Stay focused on your goal. Youve been working hard at this and have a great mindset going for you.
I will definetly keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

jerry.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

no gator no,you are not down low enough yet,you are still takin to much sub to some off of right now.at one mg you are gonna have some significant w/ds and if you have to work it is gonna be rough.you should have gone down to .5mg for 2-3months and then .25mg for a month and then every other day for a month.

with that said tho,i know you can do this if anyone can,you are strong and you will make it past the 2week mark,the 2week mark is where you have it whipped.try to take off work for as long as possible during the w/ds.good luck and let us know how it goes.good luck-spark

Old 05-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

hey g8r.... i am truly happy that you've gotten down so low. i know this has been your goal for so long now. i will be with you in thought and prayer while you do this. im always looking for your posts even though i dont write much anymore, i always love to see something from you !!!

<removed>

but you know i wish you the best in all this. just grin and bear two weeks, ok? you'll do fine. keep us/me posted, im on the road not far behind girl and i want to see where i tread. lol

BIG HUG !!!!!

michelle

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-12-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: do not discuss other forums

Old 05-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

spark-o-cet HB User

how goes it on the first day and now the 2nd day?keep us updated if you can we are all pullin and prayin for ya,yu can do this hang tight and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Stlll thinkin and praying for you...hang in there, be strong and keep thinking about your goals and the big picture. Youve come so far, be proud and strong.Like Med said,this is the beginning of the start for your new life.

peace,and God Bless.

"let your life proceed by its own design"

jerry.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

2 WEEKS!!!!!!! THAT'S SO NOT COOL..... Spark! I thought you had fallen off the computer tree... lol
I can always count on you to be honest.. and supportive. I had to drop, I was out of medicine and I wasn't paying that Dr another 200 beans just for 30 more pills.. when I know in my heart it's time.

I have to admit, today hasn't been so comfortable for me. It started ok, but the mornings are the worst. I have a question.... do you think it would be wrong of me to take some Ultram when it gets really bad? Or if it does? Only thing I've really experienced, (and it's been almost 2 days since my last dose) is the leg cramps, the back breaking into.. and anxiety. But I have something for that. I just thought I could take them when it gets really bad, but then again I don't want to do something that could jepordize how far I've come. I can honestly say that I don't have any cravings, I just don't want to have any w/d symptoms..

Any advice would be appreciated.. and thank you so much for the supportive words and encouragement.. it means more than all of you know.. I will keep you posted..

Brandi
g8trgrl

Old 05-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello g8,

I don't see anything wrong with taking an Ultram tablet as directed.

Although the F.D.A. does not view it as addictive, it can be in certain individuals.

I am currently taking it but no two people are the same.

If you don't feel that this will be accomplished, thus causing you to take more than prescribed, I would ask your doctor if there are any other medicinal options of the prescriptive variety.

Take care.

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-14-2008 at 01:18 AM. Reason: clarification

Closed Thread