It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
(male)

kingfu1 HB User
Subutex in Ontario

I was taking subutex in '03 until the "sample supply" was gone. I had two weeks left and I would have been clean. I'm now on Morphine sulphate 500mg per day and taking heroin (my drug of choice for over 15yrs) I'm tired of it all and would like to get my hands on some subutex asap. I found out (not from my doctor) that it is available in ontario. Does anyone know how I can get it without having to go thru my doctor?

Old 05-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: Subutex in Ontario

Hey kingfu,

I'm in Ontario also and asked about Suboxone/Subutex and its not available in Ontario. I tried everyone/everything, as it seemed like the best route for me. If you find out it "is" available, let me know

Good luck,
emsmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #3
(male)

kingfu1 HB User
Re: Subutex in Ontario

I was in my doctors office two weeks ago and overheard the pharmacist and one of the doctors talking. The doctor told the pharmacist that they each needed licenses to prescribe and dispense subutex. I later asked the pharmacist with whom I get along great, better than the no mind doctors who just want as many patients as they can get on methadone but that's another story. He said that they do in fact have subutex but the patient must come to the pharmacy and take the drug in front of him for 3 months I believe. I did a little research and found that it has been available in ontario since '05. My doctor didn't mention any of this to me. My story is rather long and I won't go into it right now but would be happy to speak with you at any time.
I am struggling with both the ms contin and using 1/2 gram of heroin per day.

Closed Thread