It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User
Back on Sub

DAMN!. I did it. I'm sorry but I just don't feel right unless i'm on some opiate. My receptors may be damaged beyond repair. So long story short, I got back on Sub. Feel guilty but i'm not gonna feel <terrible> for so long and not use something. Does anyone feel me on this? It's almost like being clean was worse?

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-14-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User
Re: Back on Sub

Oh, the controversial subject of SUBOXONE. I don't know whether I loved it or hated it.. it was a thin line. I took my last crumble on 5/11/08. So far, I've been uncomfortable.. but not anything I need to be freaking out about. I honestly think I may make it. I sure hope so. A lot of it is mindset as well. You have to be really and truly ready in your mind and heart to get off of everything and know that it's what's best for you. Some people stay on sub for the rest of their lives. It's better than looking for your next fix or wondering if you're going to have enough pills to last you. Ya know? So don't beat yourself up if you stay on sub for a little longer. It happens. I was on it longer than I thought I would be. I was on it for 8 months, thinking it would only be for 4 weeks.. lol Yeah right. It served it's purpose and got me off of the methadone, and for that I will be forever grateful. But coming off of the sub isn't a walk in the park. BUT not as bad as it would've been coming off of the methadone. So there's my 2 cents... I'm ok.. And hopefully after a few more days I will start to feel better. Hang in there..

g8trgrl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
(male)

dannyg1985 HB User

u know, i had good luck comming off suboxone. it just takes a slow taper and maybe a light benzo when comming off completely. this worked for me at least. alot better than going the done route man. good luck w/ it, and don't feel bad. i hear exacly what u are saying.

dg

Old 05-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User

Thanks for the replies. Fioricet is not an opiate but thanks for your reply (it's all the same when were trying to detox off something and get a Dr to understand). I'm only on 2mgs a day (of Sub) at the moment. Last time I was on 16mgs ( I was coming off methadone). Feel ok but really guilty about starting again. I was almost 2 mos off it. Oh well, I feel normal at the moment.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
(male)

PFirmBiz0208 HB User

what up brotha...

what up to everyone really.. my name is pauly.. friends call me biz... i am 4 months off deasil and OC today... unfortunetly because of my insurance stopping i cant afford subs no more.. but they worked great for me.. unfortunetly i get tremors and shakes now.. my back hurts agian.. sudden stop of subs can do that.. but i havent urged that bad..

its possible to kik this stuff... jus stay positive... youll make it.. and if you plan to come off subs.. do it slowly...

nice to meet you all..
pauly..aka Firmbiz

Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
(female)

diamondgirl19 HB User

I started taking Sub when I was on my 3rd day of ct from Percocets. I was in really bad shape. My doc convinced me to try it. I brought my parents to appt. with me and they agreed that it was right thing to do. I have now been taking it for 2 1/2 months. In the beginning, I took what was prescribed (2mg/day). Over the last month and change, I have been taking more than prescribed (usually around 6 mg/day).

It was the easy way out of a bad situation. Within 20 minutes of taking the very first one, I was a completely different person. Doc wanted me weaned off in a month. Well that didn't happen and now I feel pretty dependent on it. I am hoping to be done within 2 months.

My advice to you would be to see how you feel on Tuesday. At that point, you should be turning the corner. Since you haven't taken anything, why would you want to start now? If you really feel that you need to do it, try and start and stay on a low dosage. And try to be done quickly. I really believe I could have been done had I been strong but I slipped back into some bad patterns.

So I guess my overall advice would be don't start unless you absolutely must. And if you do, try a low dose and try to be done quickly. The longer you take it, the harder it is to get off. Don't forget that Sub is an opiate.

Why would you want to give back all these clean days that you have fought so hard to get through?

Only you knows what is best for you.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User

Thanks Diamondgirl19. Your absolutely right, I don't know why I started again. Like I said, I just did'nt feel right. After a month of feeling <lousy> I gave in. Insomnia is the worst part for me. Almost 3 weeks with no sleep. I mean NONE!. I have the disease of addiction. Opiates are the worst of the worst as far as addiction goes. They permanately alter your brain chemistry (not brain damage) making it extra difficult to get back to normal body functions. Opiate addicts have the lowest recovery rate because of this. I can do it cause I have done it before. If I stop now it would'nt be that bad cause it's only been a a week or so but for me thats enough to get a habit.

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-16-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
(male)

malibu70 HB User

Dear Jamesoc73,

How long were you off Suboxone? I was on the stuff for a little over a year. I went from 8 mg to 1 mg and then off. I am now on day 27. I am not 100% normal yet (about 75% normal). I still only get 4-5 hours of sleep and that is with help (Ambien). Any idea when I will start to sleep normally?

Old 05-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
(male)

JohnG1971 HB User

I feel what everyone here is saying.I was on H for a few years but than a couple of overdoses forced me into naltrexone pellets which worked but I started taking subs on top of the naltrexone and now im in trouble again.It was wierd though,I got a pellet two months ago while on subs ans no w/d but this time that wasn't the case.The w/d wasn't full on naltrexone withdrawl which is brutal but its bad enough.I'm just sick of it all,its been over 10 years and I never seem to learn.I'm whining now,I'll stop.I just had to let this out.I'm just so frustrated

Old 05-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
(male)

JohnG1971 HB User

When your on naltrexone,Its impossible to do opiates,they are completely blocked.They are implanted under your skin and last 2 or 3 months.Suboxone isn't really an opiate its sort of a partial opiate which is why its unpredictable with naltrexone.Do not take any naltrexone with opiates in your system you will get deathly sick.The first time I kicked I made that mistake and lost 20 pounds in 2 days was in convulsions and had no control over my body,I don't know how I survived it.But naltrexone has been the only thing that has kept me clean,I've never stayed clean off of it.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #11
(female)

mikki41164 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesoc73 View Post
DAMN!. I did it. I'm sorry but I just don't feel right unless i'm on some opiate. My receptors may be damaged beyond repair. So long story short, I got back on Sub. Feel guilty but i'm not gonna feel <terrible> for so long and not use something. Does anyone feel me on this? It's almost like being clean was worse?
I also dont feel right without something. I was addicted to oxycodone (at LEAST 90 milligrams a day just to feel "normal") for 3 years. I have been on 24mg of Suboxone since April 8th, not even 2 months and I still dont feel right and I wonder if it is because in my head I still feel as if I need the oxy. I have not back slid yet and hope not too because thanks to the Suboxone I am able to lead a somewhat normal life now. People can say that I am only trading one bad drug for another but I do not see it that way. I am now able to function normally on a daily basis and not worry everyday where I am going to get at least $100 or be in bed in horrrible pain and misery because of the withdrawls. But I agree why feel horrible when the is an alternative such as Suboxone

Old 06-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User

Thanks for everyones input. I often feel that we know more than the Dr's and that they just want the $$. It is expensive as heck once you add everything up

Closed Thread