It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

skydiva67 HB User
I'm addicted to Committ lozenges!!

I quit smoking January 7th this year using the lozenges. I was supposed to be done with them at the end of March. Here it is in the middle of May already and I am STILL on them. I have been reading other forums and I am somewhat comforted by the fact that I'm not alone. Anyone else hooked? I'd sure like to hear from you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
(male)

DroopyEyes HB User
Re: I'm addicted to Committ lozenges!!

Hi Sky,

I haven't been a smoker, so therefore no experience with the lozenges, but I was thinking...a drug's a drug...so here I am responding....

I'm kind of thinking that you've swapped one comfort for another - believe me - not saying that with any judgement...I'm a pillhead and right now I would swap anything to not feel so sick right now. Anyway....nicotine, I've read is the #1 substance Americans are addicted to. So GOOD FOR YOU.

So now...start focusing on your original goal - no smoking...and you've done that for 5 months....so now let's swap something good/healthy for the lozenges, little by little...I think tapering would help you...try to reduce little by little and you'll feel like you're making progress rather than all/none quit cold turkey.

I wish you a lot of support and fyi - I used to work with this lady...who hadn't smoked in 8 years...was still chomping on the nicorette gum like people drink coffee...I used to make fun of her but now I'm a little more experienced in seeing things from the other side....

Best,
Droopy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

skydiva67 HB User
Re: I'm addicted to Committ lozenges!!

Hi Droopy. Thanks for the words of support. Well,guess what? I had my last lozenge yesterday at about 10 am. I have wanted more but the craving hasn't been as bad as I have experienced previously. Now I'm chewing gum.Not as expensive, Hopefully,I'll have this thing licked

Closed Thread