It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
(male)

dannyg1985 HB User
***Injecting suboxone ok while on methadone maintnence??***

ok, i understand i'm new to this board and am posting a very contriversial question but i have to say i'm in a pretty tough sittuation. backround: 4 years of opiate, mostly herion, abuse. iv been on suboxone sublingual, the first try went well, but it didnt' end up working for me. anywyas, iv been on about 80mgs of methadone ed through a clinic for 6months now. i spilled two of my daily doses yesturday and im starting to get very sick. i don't want to use herion, but i do have suboxone. i hear that if u inject suboxone 8mg tabs that it wouldn't send me into withdrawl and the naloxone would be separated in the "cooking" proccess. so this would mean i would just absorb the bubinoriphine...? i know better than to just try it, if i put one of those under my tounge right now id be hurting even worse. does anyone know anything about this theory? thx

dan

Old 05-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: ***Injecting suboxone ok while on methadone maintnence??***

personally i wouldnt bang up subs. i'd ride it out till you pick up again. how long til you can get your methadone?
Mixing subs with opiates has always sent me into withdrawals.

yoss

keep on keepin on

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
(male)

dannyg1985 HB User

ya, i hear u. this is just what i hear. but i also just found out that naloxone is water soluable so it looks like thsi is NOT an option. i have to go today and through too mid tomorrow. just hate this feeling u know. if i could find subutex, that is a different story correct?

thx

dg

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Danny

With all due respect, stop playing doctor with yourself and trying to figure out a self medicating program. Just go back to the meth clinic and tell them what happened. Self-medicating is what got us all into our crummy positions to begin with!

I am sorry if you are suffering, truly I am. My wish would be that you can start taking the steps to get out of this period and the first step has got to be honesty. I don't know the rules and regulations of a meth clinic, but I do know that that is the place to start with this problem.

All good wishes
reach

Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello Danny,

Please call the methadone clinic right away and don't take matters into your own hands; it may cause more harm than good and simply put is not a wise decision.

If your symptoms become unbearable, I would either go to the ER or, in the event that you cannot make it there, call 911 for an ambulance.

You didn't state whether or not you have any other conditions that may further be aggravated by the withdrawal symptoms.

Remember that theories are just that; they have not been proven or disproven; please don't take chances like that when there are other options available.

Respectfully,

Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-14-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #6
(female)

cakesluvscheeks HB User

Danny I can only tell you this. I had a friend who banged Suboxone and ended up in ICU for 3 weeks before his mom decided to pull the plug. He passed away not knowing that his girlfriend was 13 weeks pregnant. As many others here have suggested please don't play doctor. People react differently to things. So just because someone "told" you they did it and it was ok, doesn't mean it will be so with you. Take care ...you're in my prayers.

Peace Love and Skittles
Have a Grateful Day

Closed Thread