It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

eric's ma HB User
Goodbye

Hi everyone,

I wish to thank all of you for all the help, caring and understanding I have received from the members of this board. A very special thanks to you Reach, Izzy's mom and numerous others.

This board has been very instrumental in the healing from the ravages of addiction to( all my family.) I wish all of you health and happiness.

I am doing quite well and am expecting a full recovery. The last 17 months have been a journey of ups and downs, learning and relearning, frowns and smiles, laughter and tears, and JOY.

Wish my journey with all of you could continue but is beyond my control. Rules you know.

Love to all
ERIC'S MA

Old 05-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Yossarian22 HB User
Re: Goodbye

An amazing journey - one that im sure has inspired hope in board members old & new. The board is definatley going to miss you (and your son). From the bottom of my heart i wish you and your family all the very best for the future. Take care

and keep on keepin on

all the best

Yoss

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Last edited by Yossarian22; 05-20-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Eric's Ma~
I havent checked in here for at least a month, and today I thought Id peek in and see this. Im so happy you are doing well, and for the chance to become friends. It means so much to be a part of someones' journey as you and Eric have come so far. I appreciate your thankful words, but I should be thanking yoou for letting me be a part of your lives. So "Thank You" and I hope our paths cross again one day.
Youll always be in my heart and thoughts, Ill never forget you guys~
xoxoxox,
IZZY'SMOM

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 05-20-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

My Dearest Eric's Ma

Well.

Well.

Gotta clear my throat here a moment, dab my eyes a bit.

Well. If I could speak at a celebration in honor of you, this is what I would say:

I have learned many lessons in my life... some lessons were born of adversity, some of joy; all were important. Eric's Ma and I met during a time of mutual adversity caused by addiction. I suffered with my own addiction, she with her precious son's. We came from opposite sides of the same fence, but somehow reached a mutual understanding and caring about one another. Though we seemed to meet by chance on a cyberspce forum, I do not for a moment believe it was by chance at all, but rather by Divine Intervention. I believe it was by design that we connected. As she bravely shared the story of her son's addiction and the impact of it on her family, she gave me the courage to continue to win my own battle. When I saw the courage in her own batle to save her son, it bolstered my own courage to fight the battle I needed to fight. I will always be deeply grateful for that.

I will always be grateful that she shared her son with us... and I know it was by Divine Intervention and the grace of God that Eric himself came into our midst. Smiles. As Eric began to share, it was powerfully evident that Ma had done an outstanding job in raising a son who would face the adversity of his addiction headon and become a true winner. She is an example of love, of dedication, of faith, of family to all of us.

This year on my birthday, there will be a bouquet of flowers on my table, Ma. It will be in celebration of your life... I know you understand.
Take a bow, Eric's Ma because you have earned it and deserve it.

Love
reach

Closed Thread