It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

bev743 HB User
Unhappy Natural supplements for anxiety drugs

I am new to this board. I have started two "natural supplements" called CLA and Body Calm to try to get off of Ativan and Seroquel. Does anyone know anything about these supplements. This morning was the first time I took them and about 45 minutes afterwards I had the palpitations and was really fealing bad. I do have anxiety and depression problems and had this problem for years. Could it possibly be anxiety I was feeling? It really scared me. I didn't take any Ativan this morning. Could this be the problem. I don't know where to turn and my anxiety is getting the better of me. Should I even be trying to come off of drugs? I feel like I will spend the rest of my life on some kind of meds. Somebody talk to me.

Bev

Old 05-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Re: Natural supplements for anxiety drugs

Beverly,
I am sorry you are feeling this way. I have no idea about the possible side effects of these supplements. It could be any number of things. Did you stop the meds cold turkey? How long were you on them? What dose? Can you call the dr that ordered them? I am by no means an expert but these are things you should look into. Do these supplements have caffeen?
I am sorry that you are going through a rough time. I see this is your first post, hopefully you will check back, post more information and those with more knowledge of the meds you were taking can help you. Get in touch with your doctor.
Lots of people on this board tapered and or did the cold turkey thing with thier meds. I've no experience in that. I feel bad that nobody has responed to you. The weekends can be pretty slow around here and thats unfortunate because thats when we get posts like yours.
Hang in there and I will check again later before I go to bed.

Marilyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User

Hi.

I've been prescribed ativan for anxiety. After researching the "addictive" nature of the drug and the risks of detox (seizures...), I stopped it immediately. Fortunately, my body wasn't dependent on it, yet.

From what I know, it is dangerous to cold-turkey from this drug. You should seek your doctor's assistance.

mike

Old 05-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
(female)

lori1226 HB User

Bev...unfortunately I think your body is screaming for Ativan and probably not the supplement- my husband withdrew from Ativan and sounds similiar- he also twitched alot w/muscle spasms and cramps. Hang in there

Old 05-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
(female)

kellibear HB User

like others have said---you MUST taper off ativan!! you can have grand mal seizures and your dr. needs to know! after your taper, the supplements that i know of that can help anxiety and depression are gaba, samE, 5htp, dhea, valerian and melatonin., and all the b vitamins-- what's in these supplements you're taking?

Last edited by kellibear; 05-30-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Closed Thread