It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
(male)

sublime7376 HB User
Suboxone..how much and what to expect please!!

<ref: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=597373>

You want to know what to expect: the same exact bondage you are used to from any other drug. I have have been of the zone for two years now and have stayed clean; however, I have been like a <removed> yo-yo trying to get off [I]this[I] drug now. It is like active addiction all over again: broken promises to myself, the "I'll start coming off tomorrow" syndrome, shattered confidence, etc. It truly goes on and on - the spirial never ends. Except this time it is government approved dope that I am hooked to. I implore anyone considering getting on Suboxone to peruse these threads to see just waht it like to get [I]off[I] of it. It is an utter nightmare! Granted, my life rocks now; that is, I actually have a life now that Suboxone has allowed me to get and stay off of dope. But now I a a slave to the zone. Some people are cool with that I guess, but I KNOW that this junk is not God's will for, yet I cannot break free. Coming from experience on both sides of the recovery fence, I can now say for sure that [I]any[I] opiate addict is far far better off just getting the withdrawl overwith [B]up front[B]. I wish I had! In the begginning, these doctors sold me on the idea that suboxone really was some kind of miracle drug and that I could get off dope without withdrawls. I have never been more decieved!

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-01-2008 at 01:38 AM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
(female)

gkray HB User
Re: Suboxone..how much and what to expect please!!

How long have you been on Suboxone, and have you tried any taper decreases? what part has been unsuccessful? thanks

Old 06-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User

Amen brother. It is just as bad

Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
(male)

taxguy0852 HB User

Going on the zone on friday after a 3 year lortab and oxy habbit. I hate the idea and want to get off of everything and while I am afraid Im trading one bad habit to one that is just as bad if not worse but feel like I have no choice. I work a average of 15 hours a day 6 days a week, own my own business, do consulting work with new business owners and sell cars. I have tried to reduce my intake and come off myself and have had very little luck. Within 10 hours of no lortabs or oxy I am in the batroom every 10 to 15 minutes along with abdominal cramps and thats mild compared to the nasuea, joint aches and the feeling of hopelessnes. I have made 48 hours before but by the time I was there was so miserable not able to work and said it wasnt worth it. I know it is worth it because all Im doing now is working to feed my habbit not to improve my life a single bit. Im hoping with the zone I can come off slowly and deal with some sort of controlled WD and not the full blown nightmare. Started taking lortab 10s for severe neck pain but looking back now it was the dumbest thing Ive ever done in my life. The pain was noting compared to the WDs that they cause when you realize they got you.

I plan to take my last 2 tabs around 4am Wednesday morning getting me through that day of work then coming home early from work and hiding till 6am Friday morning when I go in for my intake. I hope thats long enough to get the opiates out of my system so I dont have any major WDs from my initial intake. I pray I can get off everything within 6 months and have my life back.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-08-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: unnecessary quote

Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

You can, and will if it's something that you really want. I know people have mixed emotions when it comes to suboxone, myself included. I was off of it for 2 weeks then had to go back on it because of the way I was feeling. It's hard to explain. I was going through a major depression, and my body was crazy. My doc said I just came off of it too soon, that my endorphins hadn't built back up in my brain yet. So from the moment I took my first 2mg I felt normal again. I've been on it for 9 months. Went from 16 mgs to 1, then jumped, but I guess it was too soon. Here is my point: You can either be on this life saving medicine for me, or spend a fortune on pills and have to worry day to day about where you're going to get your next fix or how many pills you have left. I choose the sub route. To me, it's a better choice, and it is possible to wean off of this, IF you do as the Dr tells you, don't take more than prescribed, and get to a low dose and know how to taper. And you have to exercise to get your body's natural endorphins going again.. You just have to want it bad enough.. it is possible.. Keep trying and don't give up!!!

Best wishes,
g8trgrl

Closed Thread