It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User
Day 4 are you out there reach-need help

Well I am on day 4 cold turkey off of 120 mg of vicodin a day.I have flexeral(sp?)600 mg ibuprophin,b6,b12,magneisum(sp?)xanax and sam-e.I have to take the flexeral before bed so I can sleep I also drink about 3 beers with it and it does help to sleep but not normal sleep,vivid dreams and uncomfortable.I took the xanax for the first time ever one day one at night to help with sleep and it did help some but not a restful sleep.Tonight I am going to try and just take a hot bath with epson salt smoke a joint and take the ibuprophin.If i could just get the pain out of my arms and legs I could sleep normal and maybe ok.The epson bath only helps the pain while in the tub once out it hurts again.I have also made myself get up (forced)and start moving because it feels better to moce I have been on the sofa with a heating pad for a few days and need to move to help with pain.I notice today is somewhat better than yesterday thank god!I tried to taper but all I did was cheat so I knew I had to go cold turkey or keep up the evilness.For some weird reason I do not have bathroom problems which is weird cause the last time I detoxed I lived in the bathroom.weird!If i could just sleep through the night I would be way better.I do have some unisom (otc sleeping aid)wonder if I should try just that tonight to sleep,i also have tylonal pm.Whice is better for me the flexeral,ibuprophin,xanax or unisom for sleep?Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

kellibear HB User
Re: Day 4 are you out there reach-need help

it's great that you want off the opiates, but do you want RECOVERY?? the pot and alcohol isn't a real great idea! xanax is also extremely addictive and very hard to detox from. i hope you meant that you are only taking these things for the withdrawl and will be stopping very soon!! the other things you mentioned are ok. i would add an amino acid complex and DLPA. gaba and 5htp, melatonin can help with insomnia and depression. even though you aren't having diarrhea--immodium helps alot of withdrawl symptoms because it is a weak opiate--but only take for a week. i highly suggest going to na or aa to start building a support system--it will help tremendously!! good luck, if you think you are in danger of relapse, might consider suboxone. but ONLY for short term (2-3 weeks) any longer than that and you will have to withdrawl from it.. stay hydrated and good luck!!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

I have never taken xanax until now.On my first through 3rd night I only took one at night for sleep,tonight I am only taking the 600 mg of ibuprofen I am not trying to trade addictions by no means.So as of tonight it is just ibuprofen.Today was better than yesterday and I hope it keeps going that way.The body soarness sucks.I have done everything to help it but nothing helps it for too long.Riding out of day 4!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Daisey

You sure have a full plate there going cold turkey from 120 mgs, but looks like you are a determined girl and are going to do it. Good for you!

Like Kelli, I would advise to use utmost caution with the Xanax because of its quick addicting potential. She is right about the Immodium.. it has a sedating effect. If you don't have diarreha, I think it may well hit soon. But the Immodium will not hurt you at any rate. I also used Melatonin, 3 mgs, to help with the sleep. Salon Pas patches (or Bengay) will help a bit with any restless legs. Using these things may get you 3-4 hours of sleep which helps immensely.

Daisey, I have to be really honest here and let you know that any improvement, even the smallest, is a godsend as we work through withdrawal. It is going to come in small steps, Honey. I am really proud of you that your thinking is straight enough to recognize that today is a bit better. It is so important to recognize it so that it propels us to keep up the fight.

The pain flares.... all we can do is deal with the symptoms of them and it looks like you have that covered with the heating pad and hot baths. Use the Bengay and Salon Pas patches along with the other heat.

Daisey, I can't find much to add as you are doing what needs to be done already. Withdrawal just stinks, sweetpea. I am really sorry you are suffering with the symptoms, but they are symptoms of healing as much as symptoms of withdrawal. Keep posting whether it be groaning, moaning or complaining. When we post, it distracts us for a while.

You are in my heart, girl and I am rooting hard for you. keep up the good work, keep fighting hard. We will all talk more, okay?

In my heart
reach

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
(female)

kellibear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyjane36 View Post
I have never taken xanax until now.On my first through 3rd night I only took one at night for sleep,tonight I am only taking the 600 mg of ibuprofen I am not trying to trade addictions by no means.So as of tonight it is just ibuprofen.Today was better than yesterday and I hope it keeps going that way.The body soarness sucks.I have done everything to help it but nothing helps it for too long.Riding out of day 4!
that's great about the xanax--just a few won't hurt during the acute withdrawl. you sound like you know what to do...it gets better each day!

Old 06-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Daisey,
I just have to add my two cents here - for what its worth anyway. First off, I have never detoxed or come off of long term pain killers. My pain killer was alcohol. Only one other poster spoke to you about the alcohol and weed. When I was going through wd's I wanted to feel every ounce of pain. Obviousley your an addict. I just have to ask you why you are turning to the alcohol and weed? If your lucky, you wont continue use with them. Or, lilke many alcoholics/addicts you will just switch your addiction to another drug.
Reach posted about not finding anything else to add......... I would like to add that you TAKE AWAY the XANAX. WEED and ALCOHOL. Starting to use a extremely addictive pill to replace one you are trying to get off is insane. Something I learned is to play a situation all the way through:
Ok, you get off the pills. Still cant sleep. Have maybe one drink a night and some smoke. Then the addiction starts to tell you, that two drinks are ok..."I've had a bad day"....... One night you have your drinks and then you have the opportunity to get some pills. Are you in a state of mind to say no? I wasnt when I was intoxicated/high. You have a stash of pills, tell yourself that you wont take more than (fill in the blank) ever night. Play it out according to what ever scenerio that fits you.
If you truly want to recover, you will stop all that crap, put your big girl panties on and deal. If you were like me you would go to any lengths to get your next high/drunk etc, you will go to any lengths to stay sober. Has it been rainbows, puppies and ice cream? Hell no. Nights of no sleep is walk in the park compared to the misery I'm sure you have had.
I wish you sobriety. Addiction with any drug is horrible. Lying, stealing, cheating. I'm grateful that your ready to be done. Just do it.

Marilyn

Old 06-02-2008, 04:55 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Daisey

How are you today? I know your plan was to only take the Ibupropin last night... did it help? I sure hope so. Each day does get better, Daisey. Try to include even more moving around today than yesterday. When I got to the point of being able to force myself to move around, I found that every little bit helped. Not only did it feel like another step in the right direction, it also tired me a bit. I had to rest a lot in the beginning, but each day pushed a bit more to get more physically active. It gets the brain starting in the restoration process and producing the fell-okay chemicals once again. I charted all the things like physical movement each day so I could see that I really was making progress. It helped me so much in those first few weeks, especially when I got overwhelmed in the emotion of the process.

One day at a time, Daisey. And if you need to, like I did, break the day down into segments.

All the best
reach

Old 06-02-2008, 05:38 AM   #8
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

I had a bad night last night.For some reason I have very restless arms but only at night.I have taken epson salt baths,rubbed them with aspri-cream,flexeral,tylonal pm you name it and it still does not help.If my arms were not sore I could sleep.I am going to force myself to try and have a normal day.Getting up and moving really does make me feel better but I don't want to be doing it all night!Does anyone know of a cream or something I can get to help my arms?I still have no bathroom problem,thats weird.I have a ton of yard work to do I may just try to do some I will have to talk myself through it.Just taking a shower is ruff!I need help with these damn arms,right now they are fine but come time to sleep bam there back.
Mack

Old 06-02-2008, 05:43 AM   #9
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsWife View Post
Daisey,
I just have to add my two cents here - for what its worth anyway. First off, I have never detoxed or come off of long term pain killers. My pain killer was alcohol. Only one other poster spoke to you about the alcohol and weed. When I was going through wd's I wanted to feel every ounce of pain. Obviousley your an addict. I just have to ask you why you are turning to the alcohol and weed? If your lucky, you wont continue use with them. Or, lilke many alcoholics/addicts you will just switch your addiction to another drug.
Reach posted about not finding anything else to add......... I would like to add that you TAKE AWAY the XANAX. WEED and ALCOHOL. Starting to use a extremely addictive pill to replace one you are trying to get off is insane. Something I learned is to play a situation all the way through:
Ok, you get off the pills. Still cant sleep. Have maybe one drink a night and some smoke. Then the addiction starts to tell you, that two drinks are ok..."I've had a bad day"....... One night you have your drinks and then you have the opportunity to get some pills. Are you in a state of mind to say no? I wasnt when I was intoxicated/high. You have a stash of pills, tell yourself that you wont take more than (fill in the blank) ever night. Play it out according to what ever scenerio that fits you.
If you truly want to recover, you will stop all that crap, put your big girl panties on and deal. If you were like me you would go to any lengths to get your next high/drunk etc, you will go to any lengths to stay sober. Has it been rainbows, puppies and ice cream? Hell no. Nights of no sleep is walk in the park compared to the misery I'm sure you have had.
I wish you sobriety. Addiction with any drug is horrible. Lying, stealing, cheating. I'm grateful that your ready to be done. Just do it.

Marilyn
I know what you are saying and you are 100 % right!My arms just hurt so bad I can't stand it and nothing helps.During the day they don't hurt just when I am laying down.I am going to force myself to have a normal day and tire my body out.I do not like taking all those meds and I know they make me groggy all day along with not sleeping well.I can't wait until I am somewhat ok and my butt is going to a na meeting,god knows I need it.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Heya Daisey

I have to say, no diarehha and painful arms are not the withdrawal symptoms I am used to reading about or feeling myself! You are one of a kind for sure. Chuckles.

I do know that we experience pain in our bodies in withdrawal because the brain is sending out signals all over the place looking for remnants of drugs anywhere it can think of.... perhaps your brain has just centered on the arms. These things are always more noticeable at night in bed because we lay there attempting to fall asleep and are not doing anything to distract ourselves from the withdrawal symptoms. It is a very trying time for sure. Have you tried massage? even massaging the arms yourself might help. My neck and upper shoulders were always very tight in withdrawal, probably from the anxiety. Massage helped. Another thing I am thinking of is Aspercreme.... the stuff that can be rubbed into the skin for pain relief. Just be sure to wash the hands super well after applying so you don't accidentally rub your eyes and make them sting ( I did that once and it hurt like anything! learned my lesson the hard way with that one!).

Daisey, withdrawal is a really tough time. I think you are maintaining a good attitude during it and I admire you for that. Whatever must be endured today that is hard is a day of investment in a better future. keep up the good work.

Later, Alligator
reach

Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyjane36 View Post
I know what you are saying and you are 100 % right!My arms just hurt so bad I can't stand it and nothing helps.During the day they don't hurt just when I am laying down.I am going to force myself to have a normal day and tire my body out.I do not like taking all those meds and I know they make me groggy all day along with not sleeping well.I can't wait until I am somewhat ok and my butt is going to a na meeting,god knows I need it.
I was so grateful to hear you mention NA. Are you a member? Not only do those meds make you groggy, they are dangerous to your true recovery. I'm proud of you. Get some excersize and MY suggestion to you is get sleep when you feel tired. In other words, if you feel like you can/need to sleep during the day, go for it. Slowly by quickley, your body will adjust. And, when it does adjust to not having any drugs and mind altering crap in it, you will start to feel/sleep better.

I was worred that very few posted about your xanax, alcohol and weed usage. Only one other than myself posted and questioned your intentions. I was afraid that since nobody really called you on using all that crap, you would somehow justify it. I KNOW I would have if I was still wd'd. I'm proud of you.
Another thing is that even though you want to get clean, the addiction in you, that I refer to as my evil twin, will try to justify you using. "I'm tired" bla bla bla. Its all horse hockey.
Have a good one.....
Very proud indeed. I'm sending prayers up that you have a good day.

Marilyn

Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #12
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Thanks for such kind words!Yes I am a member of Na.I went to a few meetings before I decided to go cold turkey.I plan on going back as soon as I can.I am going to try and do yard work to pass time and maybe tire myself out.I hope it dosent backfire on me and make me hurt more.No more drugs for me.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #13
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Just got back from walmart,I bought icey hot sleeves to put on my arms tonight.During the day they don't hurt so bad.I also got a cream to put on.When I was at wal-mart I felt like a fish out of water,like I stood out or something hard to explain.Then I kept looking at people wondering if they were on pills or w/ding like me.Weird!Thats really screwey thinking there.Then I had to collect myself and remember why I am doing this.One night I was playing with my 6 year old boy and I felt like the biggest terd in the world because I feel as though I robbed him of some of his childhood.THats so sickened me.So even though I am not feeling the best I am still clean for now thank god!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Well today is day 6 and still feeling real week.Those icey hot sleeves for my restless arms worked great for the pain,but still woke up around 2:00 and was wide awake.It feels like the body pain is gone but my body is weak because it hurt for so long.hope that made sence.It is weird because the first few days it was like my head wanted to sleep but my body wouldnt let it and now it feels like my body wants to sleep but my head wont let it.Whats up with that?I can't shut up that voice in my head not even for a minute.So last night I put on those sleeves and took 2 tylenol for arthritus and that was it.I feel like I have sand bags tied to me or something.Is there anything I can do for this?Not to mention my hands are real shakey like I drank 2 pots of coffee at once.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPP

Closed Thread