It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User
Detoxing from Opiates with Suboxone

I got one 8 mg pill of suboxone and divided into 3mg, 3mg, and 2mg. I then took the 3 mg pill after I started to go into withdrawls from my heroin habit. I then took the next 3 mg after 48 hrs, and the final 2 mg after 72 hours. I am now 96 hrs after my last shot of Heroin and havnt felt any withdrawl. My question is, do u guys think i will feel withdrawl from the suboxone??? Or did i find a genius way to kick opiates pain free.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User
Re: Detoxing from Opiates with Suboxone

If only it were that easy.

I dont really know suboxone, but have heard it stays with you for a few days, which is maybe why you havent felt Wd's yet.

jerry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

kellibear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfranks76 View Post
I got one 8 mg pill of suboxone and divided into 3mg, 3mg, and 2mg. I then took the 3 mg pill after I started to go into withdrawls from my heroin habit. I then took the next 3 mg after 48 hrs, and the final 2 mg after 72 hours. I am now 96 hrs after my last shot of Heroin and havnt felt any withdrawl. My question is, do u guys think i will feel withdrawl from the suboxone??? Or did i find a genius way to kick opiates pain free.
if you do start to feel withdrawls--it won't be from the 1 sub that you took. you have to be on sub longer than that--usually a month before you have to start worrying about sub withdrawl. if you feel great--you are 1 LUCKY person!! not a typical story. sub's half-life is 37.5 hrs. and it stays in you for about 11 days.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User

The Suboxone has got you through the worst of it but you will still have W/Ds after the Sub completely leaves your body. It does take take about 4 days from your last dose. I chose to get back on Sub cause I Did'nt feel right w/o it. The Sub w/d is mild but it lasts forever. It will take as long as Methadone to feel right again (after you got off it)which is why I could'nt do it ( I had post acute w/d for months). But to answer your question.... NO you did'nt find a miracle cure as you will find out shortly. I wish you did though.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

cakesluvscheeks HB User

Hey Joel, I too am a recovering heroin addict. Almost 60 days clean. I took Subs for 5 days only to detox. I was taking 24 MG's a day for 5 days. For a few days after my last dose I was feeling kinda crappy. Just an overall blah feeling. But nothing compared to the W/D's form heroin. I guess my main concern for you is did you acquire this Sub from the street? If so what are your plans for continued sobriety? A friend of mine used to get Subs and take them long enough to detox and then start right back on the H because he didn't plan out his sobriety. I would hate to see you go through that. I wish you the best of luck. But I don't think you found a "miracle cure" more like using tape to seal a hole in the dam..it alone is not strong enough.You defiantly need reenforcement. Please if you have not done so already look into ways to STAY clean. Not just to GET clean. Best of luck to you.

Peace Love and Skittles
Have a Grateful Day

Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User

Congrats on the 60 days!! Yeah I cop the subs on the street, same area I cop my dope. I know I need other help. ive been thru it a million times, and have relapsed a million and 1. I do need to start hitting up some meetings, Ive been to enough to know what I am missing. But just to fill u all in I am now 4 full days since last H shot, and my last sub was 2mg about 35 hours ago. i did feel a little <awful> last night and today, but nothing compared to crawled up sweating and not eating like usually happens. I really think if anyone is trying to quit dope or any other opiate they should try what ive tried, because it apperntly was enough to ride me thru the worst of the WD from heroin( which for me is always 24 hours - 72 hours, and only being 8 mg was not enough to make me withdrawl from the sub. Well thats all for now, trying to stay clean, and get my life back in order, AGAIN!

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-07-2008 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
(female)

cakesluvscheeks HB User

Hey Joel, That's awesome that you've made it 4 days without H. Congrats on that. I hope you can find the peace you so deserve. If you can't get to meetings ...perhaps you can find someplace on the net..or friends that you know are sober to hang out with. Me personally, I'm not a "meeting person". I found my strength in other avenues. I know not everything works for everyone. Have you put much thought into why this time is different? How are you going to get past the cravings? For me the most important question is do I trust myself ? There are a lot of questions you need to ask and more you need answers for. I agree that detoxing with Subs is a good idea for some. However much like a hammer, Subs are a tool. Without the necessary components it's just a piece of wood and metal. You need many more things in order to "build" something. Please think about those things and make the choices you need to in order to stay clean. I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted..this is a great place to come to.

Peace Love and Skittles
Have a Grateful Day

Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
(male)

Ryan_ct HB User

Hey Joel I was reading your posts. You remind me a bit of myself. Finding dope on the streets and then the Subs which for me only postponed my w/d's and I was right back to using again shortly after. I hope the best for you. I really do its going to be difficult. Unfortunatley for me it took some jail time and probation. In result, its costing me a tremedous amount of money and with regular check ups to my P.O along the way the cost for treatment and fines etc. I hope thats not what it will take for you to get clean although that seemed to be my only escape from this awful drug. Wish you the best. If you cant find a meeting to go to and you get an urge to use come on here and read. It definently makes a difference. Theres alot of great people on here, hope to hear from you soon. Take care.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User

Hey Ryan,
I havnt served any jail time, but I was arrested for possession and in jail overnight about 6 months ago, now on probation but unsupervised, so no **** test. Anyway at the time I thought that finally scared me straight, I actually stayed clean for 3 months petrified to cop again and get popped. But eventually I went back its sick. But I am trying again, because i recently had gotten my <stuff> together, and then it all falls apart so fast. I actually pawned my brand new hd tv 40 inch, that i had bought about 3 months ago about 1 week ago. I then said enoughs enough, AGAIN, and bought the 1 sub, and here I am. Well Im 36 hours since that last 2 mg of sub, and for the most part I feel fine. Not sure if in a few days ill feel <lousy>, but at this point whats the alternative. keep in touch

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-07-2008 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Watch your language on the Boards.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Joel

Nice to meet you and good to read you are trying to get your life back together.

I know how difficult withdrawal is as I have been there. Gotta tell you, though, that there is so much more to getting out lives back than just withdrawal, as hard as that part is. It takes a whole lot of work to find recovery, restoration and be able to stay there. If we don't lay out and implement a plan for aftercare that helps us really change our thinking and habit, we will just fall back into what we know.

I am adding a big "Amen" here to all the others who are posting to you about aftercare. Now is the time to start putting it into place. Na, AA, private counseling, whatever will work best for you, but "don't lave home without it." Withdrawal is always the first part, but without solid, consistent aftercare, nothing will ever really change. It is the aftercare that works us into lifetime committment. Please, think on this. You are in the ideal spot to begin it now.

Best wishes
reach

Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
(female)

kellibear HB User

hi joel, congrats on starting your recovery!! i just wanted to say that if you are in danger of relapse--immediate danger, have you considered going to a sub dr.?? it's, just that iv heroin is sooo much more dangerous! sub is the lesser of the 2 evils--and you can always do a slow, medicaly supervised taper. this will give you time to go to meetings and get a support system in place. I don't mean maintenance--just a few weeks!

Old 06-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibear View Post
hi joel, congrats on starting your recovery!! i just wanted to say that if you are in danger of relapse--immediate danger, have you considered going to a sub dr.?? it's, just that iv heroin is sooo much more dangerous! sub is the lesser of the 2 evils--and you can always do a slow, medicaly supervised taper. this will give you time to go to meetings and get a support system in place. I don't mean maintenance--just a few weeks!
I guess we are always in danger of relapse , at the moment i am surrounding myself with my clean friends and family. I really dont wat to go on suboxone, because i just want to be totally clean. I know alot of these people sware by it, but trust me, u are not clear headed and sober while on sub, u are high in a way. i know the feeling and its different than complete sobriety which is what i crave. Anyway, 6 days done about to start day 7 of no heroin, and its been almost 4 days without suboxone and I feel pretty good, just a little sore and tired with no sleep, but it was a very painless detox thank god it worked. Thank you for all your support, it feels so good to talk to people that understand the struggle and dont judge it.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfranks76 View Post
I guess we are always in danger of relapse , at the moment i am surrounding myself with my clean friends and family. I really dont wat to go on suboxone, because i just want to be totally clean. I know alot of these people sware by it, but trust me, u are not clear headed and sober while on sub, u are high in a way. i know the feeling and its different than complete sobriety which is what i crave. Anyway, 6 days done about to start day 7 of no heroin, and its been almost 4 days without suboxone and I feel pretty good, just a little sore and tired with no sleep, but it was a very painless detox thank god it worked. Thank you for all your support, it feels so good to talk to people that understand the struggle and dont judge it.
Joel,
I am soo proud of you. I guess your over the detox hump huh? This time when I detoxed from alcohol, I KNEW I needed medical attention. I cant think of what they gave me med wile while I was there ro six days, but I take nothing now except for some vitimins and a antideppresant.
About 1.5 years ago I tried to detox myself at home alone, my husband was in Boston. It was horrible. Audio hilucinations (bad spelling right there lol) I kept hearing a baby crying. Visual hulicinations -- seeing the baby in the corner of my room. Chills, sweats, vomiting, diareahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa (there I go again) Ha! Detoxing from alcholol can be deadly. Gosh Awful.
So congrats my friend. Sorry for all the typos/spelling. I'm beat, long day.
Be proud of yourself! Good job. Keep moving forward!
Take good care,
Marilyn

Last edited by TomsWife; 06-06-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #14
(female)

cakesluvscheeks HB User

Hey Joel, Congrats on day 7 !! You've come a long way ! I'm so so glad to hear you're surrounding yourself with "safe people". I totally understand the "dragging" feeling you're having...it gets better I promise. Just hang in there. Try to keep yourself occupied with healthy activities. Eventually your energy will come back. It took about 12 days for me to start feeling like I could function normally. After you get over that hump...it's gets way easier. Before you know it it'll be week 7...etc. You're doing awesome and I'm so happy for you. Keep up the positive thinking ! Keep posting here,you're on the right track and you're right the people here do understand and would never judge you. Someone on here says " If in doubt post it out" those are words of wisdom. Try to adopt that slogan for yourself. Take care, and know you're in my thoughts !

Peace Love and Skittles
Have a Grateful Day

Old 06-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User

Well I am sooo disappointed in myself as usual. I used today, after 8 days clean. I am so sad right now not even that high just feeling guilty and sad. Not sure if i will ever get clean and STAY clean. I try and fail over and over and over. And now I am not only disappointingm y family, but now the few of you that have said such kind words and great suggestions, I feel i have ket you guys down as well. Not much more to say.

Closed Thread