It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

badness03 HB User
I have been taking Alot of Acetaminophen w/ Codine

I am 23 years old, and for the past 2years I have been taking these Acetaminophen with codeine. I am embarrased to say I take up to 30 or 35 a day. I do get horrible headaches and back pain and my teeth are really bad. When I take them it seems like I feel better mentally and physically. I am getting to the point now, where I know that if I dont stop taking them I will end up with no liver and could possibly die. I am scared to just stop all at once. I am fighting this soooo hard and I just want to stop. I want to wake up in the morning and not reach for that stupid little bottle!! It is straining my relationship and

Last edited by badness03; 06-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: I have been taking Alot of Acetaminophen w/ Codine

Hi

Welcome to the board. It is good to see your desire to get off these pills and better your life. And believe me when I tell you from experience that you can get off them and life will be so much healthier and happier for you.

Gently I write that you are in pretty deep here and the road ahead may be long and rocky, but it is a road that is going to lead to a pill free life ultimately.

I came off Oxycodone and then Xanax and I will share what worked for me. First off, I overshot the runway in waiting too long to get help and neded up non-functioning before I woke up enough to understand I could not do it alone. I started with a visit to my family doctor and with tearful full disclosure, spilled my guts to what was going on with me. I had first started using narcotics for pain relief ten years prior, but slowly crossed the line into using the for everything, including stubbed toes and emotional hiding. Together with my doctor, we worked out a tapering plan for me. As I worked through the taper, I also got involved with private counseling... this counseling continues.

My suggestion would be that you make an appontment with a doctor first thing. He is not going to turn you into the police or anything! What he will do is get you started on a program that will work best for you.

Stay with us.

Wishing you the best
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

FullCircle08 HB User

I will be a little more blunt than REACH. If you are in fact taking 50 -60 pills a day, that would mean that you are WAY exceeding the LETHAL dosage of acetometaphin (tylenol) that is mixed in with the codeine. THAT IS THE BAD PART. You can get off the codeine in a few days with some withdrawal. If you dont stop you WILL kill yourself. I hope this scares you. You will die if you dont stop.

D

Old 06-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User

u cant possibly mean pills u mean mgs? 50 or 60 pills would bring upon sure death!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sugarboots HB User

You must DEFINITELY have major acetomenaphine toxicity. I take (5) 10/325 Norco's daily for a chronic pain condition. That's my limit set by my doctor. He says the body shouldnt have more than 2000mg of acetomenaphine per day. You're way over that!!!!
I congratulate for taking the first step by recognizing that this is a life threatening problem. I would talk to a counselor and find a drug and alcohol rehab center and go there IMMEDIATELY!!!!! They should be able to help you safely detox...I wouldnt suggest doing it on your own. As others have said, this is SO dangerous it's not even funny. Please consider finding a rehab center and check yourself in. TODAY!!!!!
With those amounts, you will destroy your liver and kidneys. You're young and have your whole life ahead of you. Get some help and you will get through it.
Good Luck!

Closed Thread