It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
(female)

tatertot3 HB User
Question Picking Boogers

That's right, I said "Picking Boogers". Let me explain, see, the way I see it, my life is a big pile of snot right now. And, there's one huge booger right in the middle of it that I really need to get rid of. It's called: My Husband's Aunt. My husband can't stand her, but for the longest time she was my friend, aunt, mom, sister, and best friend all wrapped into one big package. Now, all she's interested in is accusations and rumors which are spreading like wildfire around our little bitty town. She's living in my head for free and I'm having a hard time evicting her because my little kids worship the ground she walks on. I really used to value her opinion of me despite all the skeletons banging on her closet door. She, by the way, is no where close to being perfect. She has turned her teenage daughter's against me, or at least she trying her hardest to do so. I can sort of understand why, I mean, if my twins were in there teenage years, I wouldn't want them to hang around a theiving drug addict either, but I wish she, and her girls would try to understand that I'm trying to make this better. Does anyone else have a big green booger? I really need some suggestions here.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
Re: Picking Boogers

Tater-
I don't know if what I say will help, but please, PLEASE find a way to get your hubby's aunt "Evicted" from your brain. Her thoughts and opinions right now don't matter. YOU matter. You and how you feel about youself. Allowing her to take up space in your brain in a negative manner is going to do nothing towards helping you move forward.

In watching & helping my husband through two separate addictions, he and I both learned that the proof is in the putting so to speak. Your actions will speak volumes more than vicious rumors by someone who can't or doesn't want to understand what you are going through.

I think your aunt has lost trust in you and is dealing with it by saying bad things about you to her daughters. Is this the right thing to do? Absolutely not, but not everyone is able to deal with broken trust in a positive manner.

Regaining lost trust takes time. Right now, you need to focus on you- getting yourself better, healthy and clean. It sounds like that's what you are doing, so please do not allow this woman to throw negativity into your healing process. Like I said, it will only make your journey that much harder.

You admitted you have a problem and are taking steps to correct it, right? So what I can say to you is hold your head high and keep moving up that hill because once you reach the top things are going to be beautiful.

Good luck sweetie, and take care of you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread