It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User
Day 10,and no better

Well today is day 10 for me and I am still not sleeping well at all.My body is weak can't even stand for a shower,get out of breath and feel dizzy in there.I just now started running to the bathroom every 5 minutes.It seems like my w/d is backward.I have read so many posts where people have taken wat more than me and for longer and are doing way better than I am.WHat is wrong with me!I have tried everything known to man to sleep and nothing works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
(male)

Friend999 HB User
Re: Day 10,and no better

DaisyJane36,

Sorry you haven't had any replies yet. You will. Please keep monitoring your question. Weekends are slower.

You are on the road out. Day 10! Tremendous.

My best to you!

Friend999

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello Daisey

There are so many variables in each equation for each of us as we withdraw. For me, the bathroom runs started within a day of starting tapering, for you there seemed to be a delayed reaction with that even though you went cold turkey. It is hard sometimes to compare our own experience and try to gauge it against another's.

The sleep, though, seems to be a common factor in that it is one of the last things that returns to normal patterns. I know it is one of the biggest issues for most of us here and it is frustrating and depressing when we do not get all our body needs. Daisey, it is tough for me to write this and probably tougher for you to read it, but the lack of sleep is just something you are going to have to wait out. It will be restored naturally in its own time. God knows I know and remember well how long ten days, even 10 hours, can be when we are trying to endure withdrawal symptoms. However, it just is what it is. No matter how much we desire our time frame to be different in healing, it is a process that is going to move along in its own time.

10 days is a relatively short period of time in reality in withdrawing though it seems like an eternity in our being. We just have no choice but to accept that it will last longer than we want to.... kind of like accepting that after a surgery, healing times will take 4-6 weeks, 12-16 weeks. We can accept that, but often in withdrawal we find it so very hard to accept that the healing time is just that... the time it takes to heal.

So to answer your question, I don't think there is anything wrong with you. I think you just want the symptoms of withdrawal to end... and who doesn't want that??? All of us want it! Those of us who have had that occured already can only promise you that the symptoms do end. We can tell you that we have all felt them, have suffered with lack of sleep, have wondered if the whole process was ever going to end for us also. Best of all, we can share that it will all happen for you also if you can stay the course.

We will share more.
reach

Old 06-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Daisey,
Just try to hang on. I can give you some suggestions about the sleep thing. I'm sober a few months from alcohol and just recently, had trouble sleeping. Because your still wd'ing, when you cant sleep, dont lay in bed. Laying there can bring on anxiety because you cant sleep. Tell yourself you will sleep later. Do something to keep your mind occupied. Read, watch tv, crosswords, walk if your neighborhood permits. Anything to keep your mind moving. Even if your not abosorbing anything, your mind is processing what you see, or do. When you do feel tired enough to sleep make sure you can not see a clock in the room. Turn your alarm clock to the wall. When you lay there and look at it every now again as the time ticks by, it may cause anxiety too! I know it did for me. Watch caffeen, sugar and vitimins (they sometimes have caffeen in them). Deep breathing. Headset with relaxing music. Hon, I feel so bad for you cause wd's and detox plus no sleep is horrible. Trust me, sleep will come.
P.S. You didnt meantion eating. MAKE SURE you eat. Even if just the thought of it makes you sick, try and get some nourishment. Our bodies need that to heal and it will help with the sleep too.

Hang on,
Marilyn

Old 06-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Thanks for all the advice.I did get out for awhile but my body is so weak I had to come back.It is really hard to eat but I am going to try,I have been drinking a ton of water all day and from day 1.I have been crying all day and I think my hubby is really getting sick of me And I don't blame him.It is 85 and muggy out and I have goosebumps.I am going to try hard to walk around more.I found a vicodin in my purse and wanted to take it to make this end,but I threw it away.I don't ever want to go back to day 1 ever again.Took a shower earlier but I felt like I was going to pass out so I had to get out.I feel so hopeless .......

Old 06-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Daisey, first, kudos on the ten days and getting rid of the Vic!!!!!!!!

You are doing great, please hang in there.

By the way, it took me 3-4 weeks b4 I slept at all... hang in there, yer doing great.

Weekends are sometimes slow here, but hang in there, keep posting and know that yer gonna be Ok!!

oh, and about the same amount of time on the energy thing for me,too....3-4 weeks.

Woo-hoo, 10 days rocks!!! You have no idea how good you're gonna feel soon.... tough it out!

*smile*

jerry.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User

Try taking Imodium, 2 tabs 4 times a day, to control the gut cramps etc

Tylenol PM, 2 tabs 4 times a day, releives acges n pains, and acts as a mild sedative, helps you feel calm, also controls nausea

Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 AM   #8
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Day 11.
I did sleep last night for a few hours and I am so thankful for that!I feel somewhat better but still weak.I am going to try and move around today as much as I can.It is hard to eat anything now cause my stomach just feels hollow,but I am going to try.Thanks for all the advice it means alot to me.Hoping I make it to day 12.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Every day from here out is just going to be a tad better...before you know it you will be feeling great!

hang in there, you're doing awesome!

" the first days are the hardest days..."

*smile*

jerry.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Thank you very much Jerry,I am working on day 12!
Hugs,
Daisey

Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Daisey

You hang in there, Girl. 12 days! The time will go by and you are going to be well again.

Here's to some more zzzzzz's tonight.

Lullaby, Sweetpea
reach

Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 AM   #12
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Thank you reach,
Today is day 12 I did sleep some last night and I am thankful for every minute.I am still weak,sleepy,sneezing,yawning and cold but I made it to day 12!I am not turning back now.How is everyone else doing?

Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyjane36 View Post
Thank you reach,
Today is day 12 I did sleep some last night and I am thankful for every minute.I am still weak,sleepy,sneezing,yawning and cold but I made it to day 12!I am not turning back now.How is everyone else doing?
Daisey,
This is good news indeed. Everyday you will feel better and better! You should start (if you havent already)working on tools for your continued recovery for when the wolf knocks at your door. Notice the word WHEN. I've got a few months clean and he tried to visit me once already. I didnt anwer the door.

Stand tall, be proud, and congtatulations. You are well on your way.

Marilyn

Last edited by TomsWife; 06-09-2008 at 05:24 AM.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #14
(male)

Friend999 HB User

Daisy,

Congratulations on Day 12, and finally getting some sleep.

You said "I'm not turning back now". Keep that spirit, Daisy!

You can do this, and NEVER relieve these last 12 days.

Friend999

Old 06-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #15
Veteran
(male)

jerry111165a HB User

Daisy, you need to be so proud of yourself. The first days are indeed the hardest days and you are kicking your demons butt!

Remember, it only gets easier. Keep up the great attitude!

peace.

jerry.

Closed Thread