It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
(male)

easydoesit HB User
Freezing On Hydrocodone

For the last 3 and 1/2 years I have been taking hydrocodone every day. I take at least 3 a day and sometimes 4. I am trying to get rid of my chilling cold. I have tried going cold turkey and just cannot stand the cold pain I feel. I once stopped for 22 days but my cold did not go away. I hurt so bad that I started taking it again. I feel like I am sitting in a tub of ice water all the time. I am a 75 year old male. In 2003, I had prostate cancer that was treated with 25 doses of radiation followed by HDR. In 2004 I had a heart attack and quadruple bypass. About 4 months after my bypass I started feeling cold. I am so cold that I stay in bed 95% of the time. I keep my room at 85-90 degrees and have several blankets on me. This of course causes me to sweat. I sweat so much that I sleep on a large bath towel and have one on my pillow. I have to change my bedding at least 3 times a day. I am miserable. I have been to 3 cardiologist, 2 endocrinologists, a rheumatologist, and see my internal medicine doctor. I have had every kind of test ...thyroid..cortisol..MRI..CT..Stress test...You name it I probably have had it. None of these doctors know what is wrong with me. All the test have come back ok. They have all told me they have never had a patient like me. My primary care doctor has all but given up on me. He just keeps refilling my prescriptions. I take a lot of medicine. When I was in the hospital, they started me on hydrocodone for the pain. I still take about 4 a day because for some reason they help a little with the coldness. Along with the hydrocodone, I take Synthroid, Ambien and Klonopin. I am so miserable I do not want to live the rest of my life like this. I only get out of the house to go see my doctor every 3 months or so. I have posted on several health boards hoping someone can help me. I know I cannot be the only one suffering from this terrible condition. I need help. I am at the point I don't want to live anymore. Can anyone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread