It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
(male)

taxguy0852 HB User
Initial intake of suboxone

I was real confident in going on suboxone till I read some of these threads. Talked to counseler on Monday and he told me that If I take a couple of tabs early Wed and come in Friday and I should be in enough withdrawl. If I take them early Wed morning I will start to feel bad around 2 or 3 and and on the road to some pretty good wds wed night. Thursday I will stay at home all day and I know I will be in the bathroom all day and night along with chills and some pretty good joint pain along with all the other flu like symptoms. I guess my question is will I be in enough withdrawl to take my initial dose or is it going to make the withdrawl worse. Only reason I am even going to take anything wed morning is to be able to make it at least through part of the day at work then go home sick if I have to. Im about half tempted to just go on Methodone but feel like it would be an unwise decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by taxguy0852; 06-08-2008 at 08:53 PM.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
(male)

jerry43 HB User
Re: Initial intake of suboxone

i've been on sub for three years now. i can still remember the first dose in the doc's office. i was clean for about 30 hours. i felt bad,but nothing like your describing. my feeling is your making the right decision. it saved my life. your going to feel normal again. it is a miracle drug.

jerry43

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
(female)

kellibear HB User

PLEASE don't even think about methadone!! that is one bad and nasty drug, and very hard to detox from. it takes a very long time. you need to be only in mild withdrawl to start sub. i waited 14 hours after my last handful of hydro's and i did just fine. i took 8mg, and in 30-40 min, i felt absolutely fine!! withdrawls stopped dead in their tracks! BUT, sub is best used ONLY for a short detox--if you don't want to have to go thru sub withdrawls and paws--take it only 2-3 weeks. i listened to my dr. (who was raking in the $$$) and now 4 months later i am having a very hard time tapering. getting off sub after long term use is about the same as getting off methadone--it takes a very long time to feel better--several months! are you going to aa/na? you need to build some kind of support system. it can be a private counselor if you don't like groups--but do something other than sub. sub is just a tool--the hard part of recovery comes after all drugs are gone.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
(male)

taxguy0852 HB User

Thanks Jerri and Kelli. No I am not going to NA or AA not because I am opposed to it but its a time issue. I am required to talk to a counseler every week at the rehab center. My wife and freinds know what I am doing and they are commited to supporting me. My wife is a RN and has been great since I explained what Ive gotten myself into. I do hope to be able to attend some NA meetings soon if I can possibly fit in my schedule. I have hid this problem for over 3 years from everyone and since I decided I am going to attack this addiction head on it already feels like a ton of bricks has been lifted from my head. I have a very addictive personality plus I am ADHD. I know I have to be very carefull with anything I do in life. I seem to fall into these traps all the time. Once again thankyou for your reassurance on my initial intake and I will take your warning and try to get off Sub within weeks and not months.

Closed Thread