It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

hydrohelp HB User
Snapping at everyone

I am so irratable. I am snapping at my family. I don't know what to do.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
(female)

hydrohelp HB User
Re: Snapping at everyone

Let me elaborate. I am on 10 days out of detox for hydrocodone addiction. My family supported me but seem to be losing patience with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

I so know how you are feeling.I too did that on day 9-now.I am doing much better but I am still kinda weak and so tired I get crabby real fast.I just try and stay away from everyone and yes there are times I can't stay away from them then I just try to keep my mouth shut.It does get better as the days go on.I am taking this stuff called SAM-E and I think that has helped me a ton.It is for mood,joint pain,and liver.I have been taking it for about 3 weeks now and I am on 2 weeks cold turkey.I promise it will get better.How are you doing other wise?I am here if you need to talk.
Daisey

Old 06-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
(female)

hydrohelp HB User

Thanks Daisy. I feel lazy and unmotivated. I will try to keep my mouth shut. I do go and lock myself in my room when everyone gets home. I am not working now. I geuss that is a blessing because I don't think I could work right now. But I am alone all day. I think I need to start taking baby steps. I overwelm myself with things to do and then feel bad that I can't do them.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Are you going to daily meetings for recovering addicts?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
(female)

hydrohelp HB User

I was at first but I feel like a hypocrate because I drink occasionally. I never had a drinking problem.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

I am home alone all day too thank god!I am not working either I am a stay at home mom.I do not know how people can work through this,I know for a fact I could not do it.I am so weak and tired no energy what so ever,and I am sick of being sick.I have been taking B12 and B6 but so far nothing.I have lost a ton of weight also.I try to force myself but I can't.I hope tomorrow is somewhat better.I hope you start to feel better soon also.Hang in there it is almost over.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #8
(female)

hydrohelp HB User

Maybe I'll try the b12 stuff. This is a roller coaster. This afternoon I made myself start cleaning and I got some stuff done. Oh my! Trying to eat! I know. I can't get an appetite at all. Do you go to meetings?

Old 06-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

No so far I have not because I have no energy at all and having stomach problems.Once I feel better I am going.It can't hurt.I read alot of posts here and at many other sites and that helps some,but a meeting is due that is for sure.Everyone does what works for them.I am going to try because I know it can't hurt.To each their own I guess.I would do just about anything to have 1 normal day to give me hope.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
(female)

hydrohelp HB User

I have been taking a naproxen once a day and that helps releive the aches some. I have an hour before anyone gets home. Pray I don't kill anyone tonight!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

LOL!!!I will pray for you if you pray for me !My kids are already home and hubby is at work.I have a 16 year old son and a 6 year old son who never ever stops talking.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #12
(female)

hydrohelp HB User

OMG! Quite the contrast in ages. You have it from all sides. I have a 74 year old mother and a 47 year old sister that I live with.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

Oh well then you got me beat cause I do not think I could live with my mother again!I lover her to death but can't live with her again.It is something having them 10 years apart.My teenage son wants nothing to do with anyone but his friends and my 6 year old hangs on me and talks my ear off.I can't win either way.When I am normal I don't mind it but going through this and having to deal with them is hard.I feel so sorry for them too because they have to put up with me!LOL!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
(female)

hydrohelp HB User

It is real hard with my mom. We always butted heads. But she has a little demencia and can't live alone. I have a hard time with her. My sister is great. I feel bad for her because she has to deal with both of us. But I remember what you said about trying to keep my mouth shut.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #15
(female)

daiseyjane36 HB User

That is hard my grandmother has alztimers(sp?) It is very sad and very hard to deal with.Sounds like you have alot on your plate.If I were you when everyone comes home I would head for your room!LOL!I did keep away from people and then if no one was talking to me I would call them all mean!I feel so sorry for them but I can't help it sometimes.I think it is because I am so so very sick of being sick for two weeks I can hardly stand myself.

Closed Thread