It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 04:10 AM   #1
(male)

snoclaf94 HB User
Off of oxy and heroin for almost 5 years now.....however I am still taking Suboxone

With me still on Suboxone, does that mean any less of me?? Does that mean I technically am NOT clean like to feel like. I am in the taper section of the program, I was taking 16 mgs of Suboxone (1 8mg pil in the morning and 1 8mg pill at bedtime.
I would love some tips on how to kick this completely.
Another problem I have is that my hands shake uncontrollably. I have xanax to remedy this, but isn't that just putting another illegal chemical into a body that can't have these types of drugs?? Any advice would be helpful. Thank You and congrats to all who chose to give up this life of misery. In case anyone hasn't heard this before, it's never to late to save yourself from the rigours of drug addiction. Goood Luck to all and hope to hear from you soon. Kevin.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Off of oxy and heroin for almost 5 years now.....however I am still taking Suboxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoclaf94 View Post
With me still on Suboxone, does that mean any less of me?? Does that mean I technically am NOT clean like to feel like. I am in the taper section of the program, I was taking 16 mgs of Suboxone (1 8mg pil in the morning and 1 8mg pill at bedtime.
I would love some tips on how to kick this completely.
Another problem I have is that my hands shake uncontrollably. I have xanax to remedy this, but isn't that just putting another illegal chemical into a body that can't have these types of drugs?? Any advice would be helpful. Thank You and congrats to all who chose to give up this life of misery. In case anyone hasn't heard this before, it's never to late to save yourself from the rigours of drug addiction. Goood Luck to all and hope to hear from you soon. Kevin.
Hello S,

I would listen to whatever your doctor recommends at this point.

Have you been prescribed xanax; if not I would discard the medication ASAP and consult with your physician.

Take care.

Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
(male)

jamesoc73 HB User
Re: Off of oxy and heroin for almost 5 years now.....however I am still taking Suboxo

Been in the same boat. It's tough. I'm on Sub cause I feel normal on it and have a 95% relapse rate so I figured what the heck ya know. I would never go back on Methadone though. Sub is a less euphoria producing drug but it's just as addicting. I may try a slow taper someday

Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

g8trgrl15 HB User

There's so many controversial opinions on Sub. I just know that it saved me, and I'm on 2mgs.. beginning a slow taper. I've been on it for 9 months. And I know it's ok. It's not the same as looking for your next pill, and wondering what you're going to do when you run out. It's very different, and every person's different. It actually gives your brain much needed time to heal, so you can learn to live sober.. So try to think of it in a positive light and stop feeling guilty for taking it!!

Best of Luck
g8trgrl

Old 06-12-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

You are in active recovery. just like g8r said - being on sub keeps you off the streets and out of the doctors office. its a great thing. so many people that have tried and tried to get sober but just keep relapsing and relapsing are finding great hope with this drug. Please try not to feel guilty for being on it. Just think of how much better of a place you are in right now, compared to where you used to be while on oxy and dope, ya know? What a blessing !!!

As far as the xanax, i would talk to my doc and see if there was anything else that might help with this symptom. Do you know the cause of it? When did it start? when you started sub? or has it been going on for a long time?
all i know is that if i were on xanax i wouldnt feel as if i had a clear head. but thats just me.

good luck with this. and please take care. hope to hear back from you. oh yeah - welcome to the board !!!

michelle

Closed Thread