It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

enabler06 HB User
suboxone....please help????

My bf is addicted to Roxy's and went to his Dr. today to get a script for suboxone and he said it is going to cost $1000.....does this seem right?

He went Wed. and they took blood and told him to come back today to see if they could even give him the suboxone....is this how it usually works???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

diamondgirl19 HB User
Re: suboxone....please help????

My initial consultation with Sub Doc was $500. My medication is covered through insurance but doc told me it's about $400/month without insurance. So if he paid $1000 and had doc. appointment and got a monthly supply, it could be right. Does he have insurance? My doctor also ordered blood tests because I haven't had blood work in a while. I don't know why a blood test would be an indication of whether or not he could start Sub unless they are checking to see if he is still taking pills.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User

does he have any insurance? my doc takes my insurance so it doesnt cost me a thing. but most people without pay between 200 and 1500 for the initial visit. it supports the cost of the doctor and the initial "program" consultation and evaluations. but i have no idea what the blood test is for. i get urine tested almost every time i go in, to see if im using any other drugs. cuz if i do, they'll kick me off the program.
i guess if i were your bf, if he has no insurance, then i might try to shop around and see if i could find another doc and at least compare costs. <removed>

good luck

michelle

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-13-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: do not instruct members on how to find websites.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:18 AM   #4
(male)

taxguy0852 HB User

I started Sub yesterday. Im not sure what the cost is without insurance but the cost in Kentucky seems alot more reasonable than other places. I paid 175 for my initial consultation which includes my Dr consultation. My months supply of Sub cost $75 at the pharmacy with my insurance. I pay the clinic around $75 a week thereafter for counseling sessions and random drug screenings.

I would shop around and also check your insurance to see if any of it can be covered.

I can tell you this I have been taking Lortabs and Oxys for 3 years and this morning is the first morning I havent woke up wondering how many pills I had and where I was going to get my next fix!!!! I feel like I have my life back or at least a part of it back. Going to the clinic every morning for the first month is a hassle but after that and my drug tests come back clean I will be able to keep my own prescription and only go in once a month to meet with my counseler.

Sub is a miracle to me right at this moment!!!! I hope to be able to taper of Sub as soon as it is feasable and be drug free. I truely hope everything works out well for your boyfriend.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #5
(male)

taxguy0852 HB User

I am pretty sure the blood test is to get a basline on your liver enzymes. They may be checking for other things but I have read that they want to check your liver enzymes so they can tell if the Sub is causing them to rise or rise further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-notagain View Post
does he have any insurance? my doc takes my insurance so it doesnt cost me a thing. but most people without pay between 200 and 1500 for the initial visit. it supports the cost of the doctor and the initial "program" consultation and evaluations. but i have no idea what the blood test is for. i get urine tested almost every time i go in, to see if im using any other drugs. cuz if i do, they'll kick me off the program.
i guess if i were your bf, if he has no insurance, then i might try to shop around and see if i could find another doc and at least compare costs. <removed>

good luck

michelle

Old 06-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User

Hi! When I first went looking for a sub doc., the initial consultations were 4 to 500 dollars - and a lot of them don't take insurance, I was told the sub would cost about $400. So combined, it sounds OK, maybe a little expensive.... I would definetely shop around a little. I have the suboxone covered by insurance, but the pharmacy cost is listed at $254 for 30 8 mg pills. The first thing they seem to worry about is the liver count. So the blood test sounds pretty normal. Its not always absolutely necessary before you start the suboxone, but they like to keep track of it.
Good Luck! Sherbear 38

Old 06-17-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
(female)

enabler06 HB User

So he is trying to taper because of the cost.....way to costly!!

He was taking 10 roxy's a day for sure...I think more like 15. He says he is down to 2 a day in a week. No wd's.....??? Is that even possible???

Please understand....I have my three kids living in the house...his girls come on weekends....and I just do not believe this is possible...this has been going on for 8 months!! You cant't go from 15 a day to 2 a day in week with no wd's can you???

I bought all the stuff on the detox plan.....he hasn't used anything but tylenol pm...which he has been taking for months anyway. Also....he was taking and snorting???

Please....help!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User

Hi enabler.... 10 or15 down to 2? I would be going absolutely out of my mind. If he can do it, God bless him. I've never heard of it. Of doing that, and being comfortable. 2 couldn't hold me for a day..... I would be going crazy by early evening. I don't know him, & everyones body is different.... but my gut says NO WAY! Just thinking about it makes me shutter. I'd definitely take a closer look, or keep my eyes wide open..... sorry.... sherbear 38

Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
(female)

enabler06 HB User

Shearbear,

My eyes are WIDE open. I have been on this site for months. Unfortunately,(or fortunately) I am not the addict, he is. As much as I want to help him. I believe he is just manipulating me and my compassionate spirit.

I know what should be happening thanks to all of you....and it's not happening here. I DO NOT believe for one minute that he was snorting and using 10 to 15 pills a day up until a week ago....and miraculously.....without even an Aleve or Benadryl or Aspercreme....he is down to 2 a day.

Thanks Shearbear!!!

Closed Thread