It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
(male)

vernson HB User
Sleeping problems

How long does it take for the sleep cycle to get normal again? I have been off hydro for 9 days now and I still can't seem to sleep well through the night. I have the ebee-jeebeez most of the night. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Roseabell9 HB User
Wink Re: Sleeping problems

i know what u mean. im up most of the night my self, when im tried i still can't go to sleep dives me mad. the only thing i can do to get back in normal time is to not sleep for 48hours and then i sleep like a baby. but i must set five different alarms for the right time the next day to get me up!
the only thing is i keep letting my self back in to slepping most day and awake at night. i have a baby boy arriveing by stork ;-)(by stork... if only) in two months so i'll probaly better of this way for now.
good luck with ur sleep.
ps soft music mite help the creepy feeling, and light (im now for some strange reson scard of the dark a bit, i use to pefure the dark, wird, o well)
sorry selling is out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
(female)

wannabefree333 HB User
Re: Sleeping problems

when I was first going through detox, I was instructed by one of the therapists to try benadryl. You can actually take up to 4 or 5 pills at a time to help you sleep-safely. try it on a weekend because if it makes you groggy, you don't want that at work. It didn't have that affect on me though. It allowed me to get the sleep i needed. As far as how long it lasts, ....sorry but a couple months to get back to normal rythym. Try to be as structured as possible in your routine. i.e. dinner at 7pm, 8pm walk, 9pm shower, or reading... after while your body will become accustomed to this and will recognize it's bedtime.
hope that helps a little

Old 06-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
(male)

vernson HB User
Re: Sleeping problems

Thank you for the suggestions. I was able to sleep last night for some reason. Full 7.5 hours without waking. Since it was only one night I am going to assume that it was more because of accumulated lack of sleep. We'll see tonght. If I don't get to sleep I am now equipped with some good recommendations to get the sleep that I need. Thank you very much.

Lee

Closed Thread