It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

tibby1 HB User
New to this I need help additcted to vicoden

I would like some suggestions Please

Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
(male)

taxguy0852 HB User
Re: New to this I need help additcted to vicoden

I just started treatment for an addiction to Lortabs and Oxys. I had been taking 10-15 Lortabs a day with some oxys mixed in every once in a while. I had gotten to the place where everything I did revolved around pills. My health, finances and relationships were heading south quick. I luckily was told about some treatments and was so low I was ready to try anything.

I started on Suboxone Friday and just a few days later I can say I am already a different person. The cravings are all gone and Im starting to just realize how messed up I realy was. I thought I was a better person on the pills but realize I was in a fog and unaware how bad I was.

Went to the treatment center (outpatient) on last Friday. Talked to counseler and told me I was suited for the treatment. They told me I had 2 medications I could go on. One being methodone and one being suboxone. They schuduled me for my intake a week later. I studied for the entire week trying to figure out which one was the best. Since I have insurance and since money was not the issue I chose suboxone. Went in just a few days ago in withdrawls (24 hours worth) I left with no withdrawls and no desire for any pils. Now that my head is clearing up I can see what damage Ive caused others and the damage Ive caused myself.

I didnt think counseling was needed and realy just needed something to get me off the pills. I now realize I need more than just suboxone. The conseler I have is very insightfull and helpfull. Most of the people I see have a hard time getting and keeping jobs. I have never had a problem with jobs been self employed for years. I actualy worked harder when on pills just so I could buy more. The conseler has helped me not only to see I need balance in my life but some ideas on how to start implementing things to get there.

Good luck with your search for help. I have found this board to be extremely helpfull.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
(female)

tibby1 HB User

Thank you I am tying to navigate on the boards. IWere ypu in and out of the cliic or did you spend time there?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
(female)

tibby1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby1 View Post
Thank you I am tying to navigate on the boards. IWere ypu in and out of the cliic or did you spend time there?
Sorry I had not finished reading your post I will call my Doc in the AM!!

Closed Thread