It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
(male)

vernson HB User
Quick question about rehab centers

Someone told me tonight that everyone that goes through an in-house treatment for at least 90 days is always thankful that they did. And that the rehab process was very helpful. Does anyone agree or disagree to this statement?

Lee

Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: Quick question about rehab centers

Hi Drlee - In a perfect world...... there would be the "norm" of 90 days in an inpatient rehab. The only time I have heard of it these days, is if they are very rich and very famous, and I heard it on TV or read it in a newspaper.

Then, it was "28 days" as the norm stay. " Long ago. I have heard of this these days, but you need one heck of an insurance plan.

Most inpatient stays in my experience, and those I have met who are "in the program" are 3-5 days. And then the saying goes. "90 meetings in 90 days"! Then your golden. Most docs or clinics, or regulars, will say," 90 meetings in 90 days." (But 90 days IN-patient, is hard to come by. ) And yeah, It does a WORLD of good! Either Way! Changes lives. I have never heard anyone say they regret it! Sherbear38

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
(male)

barry65 HB User

i would agree, it is hard at first, and you will hate the world and everyone in it, but things do get better, and as time goes on you get to see life clearer again.
best of all, you have support, and understanding as well as the hard truth....go for it
good luck and regards

p.s...i had to go through a mental health unit, scary but worth it

Last edited by barry65; 06-19-2008 at 02:34 AM.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lizzy76 HB User

I just posted a thread on my experiences in rehab if anyone wants to check it out.

Most places only have a "recommended" length of stay. They know that the costs are insane and that insurance barely covers anything so to require a certain length of stay is just not something that places do much of anymore. There was only one place that I went to that required a 4 month committment up front.

Sherbear - when you talked about people who were in a program for 3-5 days are you talking about a hospital program or mental health unit on a psych ward? Those are much different than residential programs. For residential programs they will not let you in if you are only going to stay 3-5 days. Usually you must stay a month or longer...

Old 06-19-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
(female)

kellibear HB User

i think anyone going thru a 90 day program has a much better chance of staying C&S. if they WANT to be there and aren't forced to go--it will make a world of difference! but, money is a huge factor and unfortunately these treatment centers are out to make money. a friend of mine went to a 90 day program--to the tune of $33,000!! she'll be making payments for a very long time--had to take out a 2nd mortgage on her house. but, she's been C&S for 11 months now.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
(male)

vernson HB User

I am more than willing to do the treatment if someone can tell me why I have to do 90 days. They say that it is because <of my job>. I have had several evaluations done at different rehab centers <removed> and not all of them agree that I need 90 days in-house. Most of them agree that 90 days is excessive but <removed> I am being forced to be out of work for 6 months. This will destroy my life and it will take many years to recover if ever at all. Yes I am bitter.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-20-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: removed profession

Closed Thread