It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

eca1242 HB User
pregnant and using vicodin

I've been on either vicodin es or some other opiate since February of this year for a neck injury. At 2 pills every 6 hours (I take this three times a day) it keeps the pain at bay. Without my pain is at a level 7-8 it keeps me from doing normal activities like turning my neck more than half an inch. I have two children that I stay home with and its impossible to function and keep them occupied without being out of pain. I am also slowly going through physical therapy. My fear is that I will not be prescribed this medication for much longer due to having to change doctors and being pregnant. I take the medication obviously for the pain level, but I do feel that I am physically dependent due to how long I've been taking it. I do not take more than what has been prescribed, but I'm worried about the withdrawals if I'm suddenly to stop this. I've been trying to wean myself off a tiny bit, but that just brings on more pain. This sucks. I don't want the withdrawals and I don't want the pain. I'm also worried about the fetus having issues with withdrawals and the stress that it puts my body through to have them and the pain on top of it.

Last edited by eca1242; 06-23-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oh-notagain HB User
Re: pregnant and using vicodin

Hi eca, and welcome.

I can really appreciate how you feel. You are going to really have to be honest with and trust your doctors at this point - they will know what is best for you. if you dont feel like you are being listened to - please try another doctor for a second opinion.
when i was pregnant with my son i was using heroin every day. i didnt know i was pregnant until i was 28 weeks. and the moment i found out i admitted to my doctor that i was addicted. i know my story is much different than yours, but my point is that when i told my pcp, she was very understanding - and put me in touch with the right people to help me with my mess. and i gave birth to a healthy 7 lb 15 oz. child, right on my due date.
please know that my thoughts will be with you, because i really can understand how you must feel at this point. And i just want you to know that there is hope, and you will find the right answer if you look for it.

God Bless. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread