It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
(male)

mjstewar HB User
Unhappy HELP! Oxycodone 15mg Dependence Problem!!!

Hello all,

I am battling a dependence problem with oxycodone 15mg. It has been almost a year that I have been on opiate medication. I was on Percocet 10/325 for about 6 months and then switching to Oxycodone 15mg for another 6 months. My doctor supplies me with 120 pills a month of each prescription, and I have no medical condition. I originally started taking them for a case of meningitis, but I got rid of it in about a week, however. I have been taking the prescriptions ever since. I really want to stop taking the drugs because it is effecting my life dramatically. My relationship with my fiance is no longer stable, but with many problems. Luckily, the dependence problem is cheap because 120 pills are only $72.00. The financial part of it isn't the problem, it's me. I have tried quitting once or twice but the withdrawal symptoms were just too great. I had constant diarrhea and was not eating. I submitted and the second I took oxycodone every withdrawal effect went away. I need help, and I am serious about it. <removed> I was able to get 8mg suboxone from a friend to help detox myself, but I am scared to try it because I am afraid that I may return to the oxycodone. I need some serious support and help and if anyone can have some input it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!!

-Your Friend-

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-23-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: removed profession

Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
(female)

LindaG40 HB User
Re: HELP! Oxycodone 15mg Dependence Problem!!!

You should really see a physician about getting on Suboxone. It will help. Good luck...don't be afraid to give it a try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

treehousier HB User
Cool Re: HELP! Oxycodone 15mg Dependence Problem!!!

I hope this reaches you in time to give you some hope. I have read a lot of the posts on this board, there is hope for you. I have been addicted to oxy, hydr for the past 6 years off and on. I thought there was no help, I felt that I had distroyed my life with this. Suboxone will help, it will totally turn things around. It will make you feel more right than you have felt in a long time. Thank God I found it. It not only helps the desire for the drug it will make you feel normal again. And the craving for the drug goes away, the first dose. You have to find a Dr. that can prescribe it in your area. <removed> It will cost about $200.00 to see the Dr (some of those wonderful Dr's take advantage of our crisis and charge $700.00 and up) but there are one's who want to help and cost far less to get you in the door. And the meds are costly about 5.50 a pill, and that is more than you pay now but it will help fix your life. People like me thats nothing compared to what we were paying for our habit. Mine cost $100.00 plus a day. The average therapy calls for 2 pills a day, and then the ween you down off that as you can tolerate. Good luck

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-23-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: do not instruct members to do outside searches

Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
(male)

mjstewar HB User
Thumbs up Re: HELP! Oxycodone 15mg Dependence Problem!!!

Thank you so much for your replies. Right now I just feel like everyone is against me and I don't have anyone to speak with about the problem because most of who I know do not know anything about dependence or addiction. When I try to reach out they do not understand because they think it is something that is just going to magically disappear and I will be normal again. Thats why I started to browse the web and found hope here. I am glad I have some people to discuss this problem with because I just feel lonely right now, and I have never felt this way before. I have accomplished so much in my life and I used to think life was sooooo great, but now I am just lonely and do not feel like I fit in anymore, anywhere. I hope that people will continue to discuss this with me and I have purchased an Alcoholics Anonymous book, The 12 steps and 12 Traditions, and some other supportive books. But, after reading Bill W.'s story I feel as if the most beneficial support will come from people who can relate with the same, or similar, problem. I appreciate all of you continue to show me support. Also, I was wondering if constipation is normal when taking this medication? Please feel free to tell me about yourself and how you were able to submit to your addiction and combat it. Please be specific, not too vague, when you tell me your story and combatting achievements. Thank you all sooooo much!!!

-Your Friend- I hope an Angel is with me on this one!

Last edited by mjstewar; 06-23-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: mispell

Old 06-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
(male)

dorskin HB User
Re: HELP! Oxycodone 15mg Dependence Problem!!!

Hey there mjstewar,

Way to go on making the decision to get a hold on your addiction. After my 2nd staph infection I got addicted to Hydro, then they gave me some oxycodone(percs) This went on for a few months (some made up pain, some not) til I got rear-ended. I ended up compressing a couple discs and got a bulging one. I had 3 epidural steroid injections which hurt like hell. I told the pain management Dr and he gave me 60 Oxycontin/month. This went on for a couple more months til I got my regular Dr to give me 90/month in addition to the 90 percs/month. I was out of control. This went on for a number of months til I hit rock bottom. I felt like a loser and thought no one believed the pain I was in. When my fiance had finally had enough she told me I needed to stop or she was taking the boy and moving out.

That night I went to an NA meeting and found a place where I belonged. The ppl there were great and shared their stories with me. It was like I was hearing my same story from everyone else. I bought the basic text that night and never stopped reading. When I felt I needed to use, I read. You can look at the NA website and actually dl it in pdf format. Its much the same as the AA text, but tailor made for ppl like you and I......addicts. It'll talk to ya.

You are on your way and it will be tough for a few days, but if you can make it your head will start to clear. It is amazing how much clearer my head is now, and thats in just 37 days!! I had real bad constipation (which is normal) when I was using , and then real bad diarrhea when I stopped. It was like that for a couple weeks but it eventually stopped. I lived on Pepto and Immodium those first couple weeks.

Stay strong brother, you can do this.

d

Closed Thread