It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Question for Lizzy...

Hi Lizzy,

You mentioned you were in detox before - for 10 days - I'm going to Rehab (an hour outside Toronto) on July 14th. I'd really like to know what happens (typically) in detox (I'll be in for about 7 days).

First of all, I'm terrified. Simply terrified I have a few questions to ask about it, however, I'll wait to see if you don't mind talking about your experience first. And, no hard feelings at all if you choose not to

Thanks,
Hugs,
emsmom (K)

Last edited by emsmom; 06-26-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
(male)

Lou1 HB User
Re: Question for Lizzy...

Emsmom,....

I thought on your other thread that you mentioned you were going in for a 30to 35 day program. Has something changed in your mind about what sort of treatment center rehab experience you are seeking? In 7 days, you will barely have time to detox, never mind get into any sort of real "treatment". That first week, your mind won't be all that focused, as you will be be dealing with the withdrawal aspects.

Just wondering, as I have been thinking of you. I would love for you to get the full benefits of the program and have a much better chance of coming out clean and STAYING clean.

Take care and good luck in your decision,
Lou

Last edited by Lou1; 06-27-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User
Re: Question for Lizzy...

Hi Lou,

Actually, the program is 30 - 35 days, but the first 7 days are considered "detox."

So essentially, I'll walk into Rehab, spend 7 days in detox, then start "program" (and be there for another 3 weeks).

Deciding to go to Rehab was an easy decision. I have to do it. I tried tapering, so many times but just couldn't do it. Going to Rehab will give me the chance at new surroundings, no access to pills, group meetings every day etc.

Thanks for your concern It means more than you know.

Hugs,
emsmom

Closed Thread