It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
(male)

milwood353 HB User
off the oxy

WOW! What a nasty last few days.

Hears a little back ground. I WAS on 90/120mg oxy per for the better part of year and on a few times in the beginning I over medicated until we got the dose right. Anyway, the last couple of months I have wanted to quit the pills and see what shape my back is in so I decided to take my last pill on Thursday morning and not refill. Well, Friday afternoon about 3PM it started to get real bad and by that night it sucked, as I'm sure most here have been through. Anyway, now itís Sunday and I would like to know if things are going to get better and to what degree tonight and tomorrow because of work or should I plan to take a day off. I guess I want to know if there is anything new that I havenít experienced, yet or if the worst is behind me. Thanks Woody

Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User
Re: off the oxy

Hey man good for you. I hope today finds you still clean, and if so, know that you are out of the woods and the worst is over. The first 96 hours are always the worst, and then you begin to feel better, so if you are still clean, know the wort is over. I will pray for you. We all need to get clean, at this point in my life I have gone thru WD a million times, and I will try a million and 1 come tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

Hey Milwood,

Good for you! Technically today is day 4 for you (Monday) so you should slowly start feeling better tonight or tomorrow. I really hope that the next time you write, you will write about feeling better It makes me happy to hear a success story, and to know that person is out of the woods and feeling better

I am doing a drastic taper off Oxy from 800mg to 0mg by the 14th (the day I enter Rehab). Today I'm at 240mg (this all started two weeks ago. I was at 800mg and dropped to 400 initially.) and will go down to 120mg on Wednesday. Wow, its been tough!! I've been dropping to about half my current dose every 3 days.

I can definitely relate to the way you've been feeling. I hope you're proud of yourself. I'm proud of you for quitting cold turkey

Keep in touch, let us know how you're feeling.

joelfranks76 - Congrats on deciding to give it another try. How about you make 1 million and 1 your lucky number? Good luck to you tomorrow. You should start your own thread to keep us all posted on how you're doing over the next week or so.

Have a good night all, take it easy.

Love emsmom

Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #4
(male)

dorskin HB User

Great to see you here Milwood, congrats on making the decision to get clean. Its a tough road but it is well worth. I am at day 44 clean off oxy and I am feeling good. For about 4 days I didn't know if I was going to make it, but by day 5 I was doing a bit better. And then better again at 7 and so on, and so on.

Let us know how you are doing and what is going on.

Joelfranks I can't wait to read about your progress brother, good luck

d

Old 07-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
(male)

milwood353 HB User

Thanks everyone even though I havenít felt like typing I have been reading all the post. Truth is I have been too shaky to type. Any way its day six and I actually worked about 3 hours yesterday and full day today, pretty happy about that.
For others out there thinking of the cold turkey method just be ready for 4days wicked bad flue. And plenty of hot baths and showers; I really think thatís what helped me the most days 2, 3 and 4. Anyway thank sfor all your words of wisdom and support, greatly appreciated.

This may not be the right board to post this but Iím thinking that a lot of you folks have either been through what Iím facing and may have a little insight. So, I guess I apologizing if I should post elsewhere.

Okay, new hereís my next problem that I having a problem with figuring out.

As I wrote in my original post I started the oxy because of a lower back that (really) needs surgery. However, since the Docs are telling me there is a good chance I could be worse off after surgery(3 maybe 4 level fusion); Iím think no surgery! I canít explain how bad I hurt without the oxy, so bad that I am really thinking about the surgery even though the Docs are telling me absolutely no promises. And that is my dilemma, three choices Oxy addiction/dependent, live in pain or maybe relief from surgery.

It was such a beating trying to keep up with the dosing; donít leave home without your meds ectÖ. Anyway, like I said, this is more than likely not the right board so, I do apologize. Oh, a little about my life style 40ish, father of 2 teenagers, and
I have been drug free for 39 years (a little weed in HS) I am a non drinker, maybe a beer or two while fishing or after a hard day in the yard.

Thanks for listening and any suggestions are welcomed.

Woody

Closed Thread