It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

tiredone47 HB User
Probation and Suboxone

Can they revoke someones probation if they are taking suboxone? I had a UA last week at probation and the opiate line was very very faint. My PO told me I might need to bring in the names of the medications I'm taking the next time I report. This is a prescribed medication, but it is prescribed for a detox program from the drugs I was addicted to that got me put on probation in the first place. I had to have a surgical procedure back last summer and even though I was honest with the doctor about my past addiction to hydrocodone, he prescribed small amounts of pain killers for a short period of time and I got addicted ALL OVER AGAIN! That is the fine line we addicts walk. I live in constant fear that I am going to have to have surgery again someday or might be in an accident and need to be on medications. Anyway, I sought help of a physician who participates in the suboxone program and have been under his treatment since December. I have posted another question with regard to this drug and treatment plus the way it works.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
(female)

bdean HB User
Re: Probation and Suboxone

Suboxone requires its own test in order for it to be found in your system..I have no idea why you would have a faint line showing on the opiate test because suboxone doesnt show up as an opiate...How long have you been on the subs???If its only been a short time(say less than 2-3weeks) its very possible that the test is still picking up on the opiates you used prior to starting the subs..One of the bad things about the tests most po's use is that they are the screens that show whatever right then and there and have alot lower cut-offs than the tests that are sent to the lab..In other words on a lab test you probably wouldnt have tested positive for anything at all..Also those screens are very bad about picking up other substances as whatever is being tested for...I wish I knew what to tell you to do...I would try being open and honest with the guy because suboxone treatment is being more and more accepted with law enforcement agencies..Even some drug courts are allowing suboxone tapers and even long term in some cases..

I wish you lots of luck...Oh and btw are you taking any otc's??Some of them can come up on those cheaps screens as an opiate and would cause a faint line..Thats why he told you to bring in all the medicines that you are taking..Becuase he knows that if you were actually using again the line would be more than just a faint line...

Good luck
bdean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread