It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
How long will Suboxone show on a blood test after quitting?

Hi! I have been tapering down on the suboxone, am at 1 1/2 to 2 mgs. Thinking about taking the jump on July 15, But is that too fast too soon? I really want to do it right this time...
I have a physical for a job on August 15. I could use any help or input, anyone know? I have replied to so many, yet nobody seems to reply to me, very sad. Please help! Sherbear38

Last edited by Sherbear38; 07-09-2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: another question / no replies

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

mk7657 HB User
Re: How long will Suboxone show on a blood test after quitting?

They don't test for sub on a drug screen, so you're ok. Keep tapering like your doctor tells you. Taking the jump at 1.5 to 1 mg will be very difficult. Most members report severe withdrawals jumping off at that dose. How long have you been on sub?

If you have the time and the will to get off at that dose, by all means, do it. You will, most likely, be sick for 2-3 weeks, so be prepared and use the advice of the detox thread by sticky.

Good luck,

mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
(female)

Sherbear38 HB User
Re: How long will Suboxone show on a blood test after quitting?

Hi Mike, Thank you the reply! I guess there is no reason to rush, I think I will wait and ween off a little more. Do most people take the jump at 1/2 mg? plus use stickys detox advice? I appreciate your input.

This physical is going to be done by my primary care doctor. He doesn't know I'm on Suboxone, I have a separate addiction doctor for that, and I don't really want my primary care doc to find out. So it may not be a drug test that he does, just the regular bloodwork a doc would do with any physical. Will the Suboxone show up with just that regular bloodwork? I'd rather he did not know.

Its been very hard to get down to 1 or 1 1/2 mgs. Should I go down like 1/2 mg per week? or 2 weeks? Don't really know the best way to do this! Anyone done this before? I really would appreciate the advice!
Thank you, Sherbear38

Closed Thread