It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

kelly378 HB User
Thumbs down Well....

Since honesty is the best policy, I will say that I got a script yesterday. My doctor dropped it from 10/500 to 5/500 and gave me a small amount to get through the pain I'm having. I'm disappointed in myself but at the same time I felt like the pain was intolerable. Just this CYCLE...... Probably won't post for awhile. Feeling like a dog with its tail between its legs.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-23-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
(male)

Mecan HB User
Re: Well....

dont be so hard on yourself kelly and just try to take the script as directed. and be careful with taking alot of those ive read they can be toxic at around 8 in one day, im not a doctor though. ive also never had a legit reason for taking them other than my recent surgery which got me right back into it, im sure someone will give ya better advice soon, dont "not post" though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

No, don't feel that way. I am in the same boat... I know after work I can honestly say I will be picking up my script... This is a starting point for me and it can be for you too.

Hang in there. That is what this board is for isn't it.. So we can support each other. Stick aroudn so we can do that fo you!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
(female)

ohiogal HB User

Hi Kelly: Sorry you are having so much pain with your back. Hey I know all about back pain. I shattered mine 4 months ago and spent 2 months in the hospital. Its hard to live with pain. The problem is we cross the line with the pain meds because we use them for the high and not just for the pain. If you can take them as directed maybe you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Have you told your doctor that you have a problem with the meds? I know how hard that is to do but maybe he could help you so you only take them as directed. It is such a horrible cycle with the meds. You love them and hate them at the same time. You need to keep posting though. It really does help to talk things out. I hope your OK today. Again I'm sorry your having a hard time. Take care.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
(female)

kelly378 HB User

thank you everyone for your kind words, support, and advice. I picked up the meds yesterday and I felt like a frickin crack head! I took one.....and felt no pain relief after 2 hours. I took another one.... then it kicked in but I felt "sick", nauseated....
I hope this isn't another cycle for me. I dont like the way I function on pain meds.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

I felt the same way when I picked up my script.. I didn't even make it out of the store before i took 2. I felt so pathetic. So low but then... Shortly there after I felt like a million dollars.

What an evil drug this is. Yes, you and I need it for the pain and it works great for that but the flip side of it is pure evil and I feel so weak...

Hang in there though! We are going to get thru this. One day at a time.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Closed Thread