It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

redblurb HB User
ms contin vs statex withdrawal

ok.. so I was on a stable dose of 400mg ms contin tid plus 25mg statex prn 2-4 up to 6 times a day (yes I have the numbers right and am not exaggerating) for about ten years. I started reducing the ms contin with hopes of going off all narcotics in the future. I got down to about 150mg ms contin once a day. Then, thinking that this is a long acting medicine, I switched myself over to statex ONLY 100mg 3xday. Is this a good idea? It was such agony getting off the ms contin in the past... 6 weeks of wd's and couldn't go any further. I thought, well my thinking is that because statex stays in your system for a shorter amount of time, that the withdrawal symptoms might not be as long. Does this make sense to anyone else? any advice is welcome.

Last edited by redblurb; 07-31-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: missed length of time

Closed Thread