It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Does alcohol problems lead to sweats? and stomach issues?

Hello I am 26 year old male. I have been drinking regularly since 14. From the ages of 20-26. I would pretty much consider myself a binge drinker and boderline alcoholic. I am not sure exactly what makes you an alcoholic, the one thing that makes me think I am not is that I can stop when I feel like and not get cravings. I drank to party and escape. I would drink 3-5 nights a week, and sometimes during the winter every night. IN the last year I developed some sweating problems, as well as adomen problems. I am not sure if it is from drinking or not. It does seem to get worse while drinking or after drinking. I sweat a lot in my thigh area and even in my buttocks. It is so annoying and has gotten to a point where I completey stopped drinking. I stopped for about 6 days now and I have noticed some improvments. I still have stomach problems...feeling bloated after eating small amounts of food, feeling and being gasy. I am goint to stick out this non-drinking thing for at least 2 months and am exercising regualarly and eating healthy. I want to get rid of this health issue so bad that I would give it up permantely. Not to mention I think it has affected my mental health. Went through many forms of midl depression, anxiety, stress, mood swings, and concentraton issues. I am not focusing on getting my career going, possibly joinig the military for a helicopter pilot. Anyhow Does all this sound alcohol related?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

legallyblondied HB User
Re: Does alcohol problems lead to sweats? and stomach issues?

yes.....you need to see a doc and get a complete physical after
your alcohol withdrawl to make sure there has been no irrepreable
damage to your body...stomach lining, liver etc. sweats and problems with anxiety and depression are a part of detox karen

Old 08-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User
Re: Does alcohol problems lead to sweats? and stomach issues?

well I had the depresssion during drinking, and the sweats. I actually would sweat excessively when drinking someitmes. I dont know why I didnt stop, I got into that party mode way to easy...was never ready to grow up. Foturnatley the events in my life are helping me stay aways from all that. I am living in a lodge in alaska right now by myself. I have not had a drink for like 8 days now. There is a bunch of booze here but I want nothing of it. I have been exercising and eating healthy. I have been studying for my tests. I feel loads better! I am gonna do this for quite some time, and I am guessing permantely...maybe not alcohol...but binge drinking. Thanks for replies.

Closed Thread