It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
Smile Hi Everyone! Just checking in.

Hi,
I havent been on in quite some time. Life is good today. The AA promises are coming true for me today. Last night I picked up my 6 month chip. Six months! I feel better, look better and am a functioning part of society. I've been through some really trying times, most recently the infidelity of my husband, but have not felt the need to pick up a drink. My relationship with my son, mom, dad and brother has returned. I am a woman of integrity and honor today. I respect my self and others. This is a far cry from the woman I was six months ago. If there is anyone out there deciding to jump off the fence and get clean and sober, I hope you join us in this way of life. I've learned so much about myself in the past few months. I'm learning that drinking really is a side effect of my disease. Has it been hard work? Yes. But its not as hard as chasing the drink. The lying, cheating, stealing, manipultion, all of that, is not what I am about today. Sobriety is truly a gift and I dont ever, ever, want to go back to the hell I was living.

I've peeked in from time to time and its nice to see updates from some of the people I got sober with here on the boards. Progress not perfection.

Marilyn

Closed Thread