It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
(male)

hotmamaex HB User
My Ex has a Vicodin Addiction...Don't know what to do

Where do I find a taper program? or information about home detox if quitting cold turkey? which is better? I have an ex-wife and am trying to get her off of the pills. It is extremely hard trying to get her to taper. My seven year old knows that mommy needs her happy pills. My ex suffers from depression and anxiety and originally started taking them for back pain from an epidural. Of course I was stupid and helped her get some that was two years ago and started at 1/2 5mg pill every other day but now she has been up to the maximum daily dose and keeps track of her acetameniphen in order to not go over the 4,000 mg maximum daily dose so as not to have liver failure. This has hurt us financially and maxed out my cards as well as hers. I am staying to help for the sake of the kids and the fact I still love her.
Need help desperately on what to do. She was down to 2 1/2 10mg. Vic per day but keeps working herself back up to 5 and 6 per day. It is really starting to affect my childrens quality of life. She likes to take them to relax but is a different person when they wear off. She took them while pregnant with our other child who is now 9 months old with no effects seen yet except for problems with eczema. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. She does not want to do the detox center and would rather do it at home. HELP!!!!!!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 09-11-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
(male)

oldcow HB User
Re: My Ex has a Vicodin Addiction...Don't know what to do

Hi,
She has to want to stop taking the pills. You probably are up against an unsurmountable
task.
Many drug rehab. centers offer intervention as a way to get a person into recovery.

Good luck !! You will need it.

Take care
John g

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread