It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

robyn1118 HB User
does suboxone cause fatigue?

does suboxone cause fatigue?

Old 11-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User
Re: does suboxone cause fatigue?

Sorry, I have no idea.. Others on here will though! I just wanted to say WELCOME!
Stick around.... I love getting to know people!
~Secrets

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

robyn1118 HB User

Thanks for the welcome. I have been so tired I've been falling asleep almost daily at my desk for hours while working and nearly nodding off while driving several times. It didn't occur to me that it was the suboxone because the doc I'm seeing said he didn't think it would make me that tired, maybe slightly but not the extreme that I'm experiencing. Mostly people report the opposite - that they have insomnia. Not me, I fall asleep instantly and stay asleep all night. I underwent a sleep study last week to see if I have sleep apnea - I do snore - but I haven't gotten the results yet. In the meantime it occurred to me that it could be the suboxone. I'm normally an ambitious energetic person before the pain killers got out of hand and initially the suboxone didn't make me tired at all. I've been on it for a couple of months now.

Last edited by robyn1118; 11-25-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
(female)

amed225 HB User

OMG! I am just sitting here wondering if this is normal or not. i can barely keep my eyes open. i am going to the doctor to talk to him, i know i can not go on like thisl i have only been on the sub for about two weeks, he told me before it should ease off, but I can't keep doing this, here i am at work nodding out!! it's awful. if i am busy i am fine, but sitting at a desk and doing paperwork is not going to make it. how long have you been on it and how much do you take?? i'm sure i'll talk to you soon, good luck, anne

Old 11-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
(female)

robyn1118 HB User

I've been taking 8 mg 2x a day for a 2-3 months.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
(female)

amed225 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn1118 View Post
I've been taking 8 mg 2x a day for a 2-3 months.
i take a whole 8 in the morning then in about 6 hours i take a half and in another 4 hours or so i take another half. i can't keep doing this, tho it is much better then the other witdrawals. it would be great if i could just stay home and sleep. vicodon gave me so much energy!!

Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Actually, I have been thinking about this more.....

There was someone on here.. I can't remember the name though.. I am terrible at that.. Anyway.. Their SO was on this and it caused him to be extremely tired.. They ended up having to change his dose I believe..

Call your Dr.. maybe he will change things around.

Hang in there!! We are here for support!
~Secrets

Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #8
(female)

amed225 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets1983 View Post
Actually, I have been thinking about this more.....

There was someone on here.. I can't remember the name though.. I am terrible at that.. Anyway.. Their SO was on this and it caused him to be extremely tired.. They ended up having to change his dose I believe..

Call your Dr.. maybe he will change things around.

Hang in there!! We are here for support!
~Secrets
i will go see my doc. they also did some blood work the last time i was there, maybe i messed something up with taking too many of the vics. i just hope he doesn't tell me to take more, that will make me a total mess. with the long weekend i could just sleep it off for four days, wonder if that is long enough. i took them for almost a year straight. stupid.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

amed225,

I know it's easy to feel like kicking yourself about abusing the meds.. Believe me.. I have done my fair share.. I can't believe I was taking Oxycontin and Oxycodone.. NEVER IN MY LIFE... would I have imagined that I would have put myself in that situation! Try not to beat yourself up.. You are doing things now to change yourself for the better! That is very commendable. Some people are never able to make that step!

We cant change now what we did then.. Focus on your now and that is what is important.. That is how i get by.. Don't get me wrong.. I throw myself a heck of a pity party from time to time but I have been trying to do it less and less.

I hope you start feeling better! I swear.. Better things are to come. You CAN and WILL get thru this! We are here for you.
~Secrets

Old 11-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
(female)

amed225 HB User

it's pretty amazing how quickly and how easy this stuff gets a hold of you. i have done vics on and off for years but usually got off of them before it was too much work. this time has been really tough so i went to the doctor. i am totally amazed at how crappy you do NOT feel on the sub, but don't like the tired / nodding out feeling plus i get the "jerks". anyone else get those? do you know how long that will last? have you ever done suboxine before? and do you know the difference of suboxine and methadone? i'm open to any advice if you have it. thanks so much.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #11
(male)

pingeye2 HB User

I am glad to hear that you are recovering and any progress in the fight against addiction is good progress. On the subject of your fatigue it seems to me like you are on a fairly high dose of suboxone. I find that it does not take a high dose to work for me. Before I began using suboxone I was regulary taking 2 OC 80s a day for a long period of time. When I began my treatment the doctor put me on 2 8mg suboxone a day, while this definetly helped my recovery and limited any withdrawls I may have had it was def. too much. I found myself dosing and nodding off just the same as if I was using again. Needless to say i lowered the dose eventualy and it was better. I did have a relapse however and went right back to using 2 OC 80s a day, when I wnet back on suboxone this time I began my treatment with 4mg of suboxone a day and it worked wonders, no longer did I doze off and nod out, I simply felt fine and back to normal. I strongly believe that often times people are prescribed way too much. If you are worried that cutting your dose will not be effective than think of my situation, I am 6'5 and 225 pounds and averaged 160mg of oxycontin a day, from what I have heard one vicodin or percocet is equal to about 5mg of OC so if you do the math then I was taking the equivelant of about 32 percocet or vicodin a day and 4mg of suboxone was perfectly fine for me.

So in closing I suggest that maybe you decrease what your current dosage is and see what happens, of course I dont recomend doing this without consulting your doctor first. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #12
(male)

telattt HB User

I am currently on 12mg of sub a day, and yes if you are on too high of a dose then you will get very tired, and nod off constantly. Talk to your doc about adjusting your dose.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #13
(female)

amed225 HB User

so i could probably drop down to one 8 a day, break into 4 little tabs. i will try that, my last dose tonight and then start with my first one tomorrow. do you think that is too much of a drop? that's half of what i am doing now. i can go see my doctor tomorrow. does any drink on these? and anyone get the shakes?

thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, it really helps to know others have gone thru this hell.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #14
(female)

robyn1118 HB User

Well I guess I found the answer. I'm lowering my dosage right away. Can't take the fatigue anymore. It's messing up my life - can't clean, can't get my work done, don't feel like doing a thing! Amed, I basically quit drinking too, but I have had a couple beers or a couple of drinks on a few occasions when I've gone out, never more than 2 because I'm just not into it anymore. I didn't feel there were any problems with it. No weird side effects.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
(male)

pingeye2 HB User

I dont know how long you have been on that high of a dose but if you have been on a high dose like that for a long time than you might be better off to gradualy decrease your dose as opposed to cutting it in half overnight. Your body may be used to the high dose that you are on and it might effect you negatively. For example if you were taking 10 vicodin a day and you quickly decreased that to 4 or 5 a day then i am sure you would feel some withdrawl symptoms, suboxone would effect you the same way.

As far as drinking goes, I know that they say that you should not drink on it. I have never been a big drinker but for me I noticed when i did have a few drinks it made me very tired and didnt feel great, although I feel like that sometimes even without the suboxone.

Closed Thread