It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
(male)

shadowace68 HB User
hydros can I take tramadol for withdrawal?

ran out of hydros can I take tramadol for withdrawal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User
Re: hydros can I take tramadol for withdrawal?

Tramadol is an addicting substance. I became addicted after only 2 weeks of use. I do NOT recommend taking tramadol because then you will have to withdraw from the tramadol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emsmom HB User

I completely agree with redneon - Tramadol is a very addictive drug, and the withdrawals are pretty much the same with Tramadol as it would be with hydros.

Good luck,
emsmom

Old 02-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
(female)

mrsrennie HB User

You can totally take tramadol for a few days - just take one or two when you start to feel any withdrawals, they totally work - then take fewer and fewer until you don't need them any more. It's just that simple and you're done with everything. It only takes a couple days. I can't believe more people haven't done this. No cold turkey, no being sick for days - this is a perfect solution and if you do it right, there will be no tramadol withdrawal either.

Last edited by mrsrennie; 02-13-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: edited for spelling error

Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
(female)

platinumgrl5050 HB User

No Tramadol will not work. I took vicodin for 10 years at 45 pills a day and when I ran low I asked the pharmasist if tramadol would help with the withdrawls he said no but I tried it anyhow, I took a LOT of them and they DO NOT have the same OPIATE that is in hydro. So DO NOT even bother. I went to see a doc and got on SUBOXONE right away, my symptoms were gone is 20 minutes. I do not like methadone, I heard its hard to get off of. I was on 32mg os Suboxone and I am now on 2mg..almost off!!! Try to tapper yourself but I am telling you from personal experience tramadol DOES NOT get ride of or even help with withdrawls because they are not an opiate pill. Any more questions hit me up!!

Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
(male)

Catholic_dad HB User

Do not take Tram as it is very addicting. If you need something go the Sub way and then taper as it is pretty easy. Tram also has the potential of seizures. I have to agree Tram is NOT the way to go, you are just substituting one addiction for another. Sub has a long half life and you won't need as many and at least for me it was very easy to taper.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
(female)

mrsrennie HB User

Not looking for an argument - I just want to say that they don't have to be the same type of narcotic in order to keep you out of withdrawals. I certainly did it and it certainly worked after a long term use of vicoden, norco, etc. due to several surgeries. When I had had enough, I had some leftover tramadol, the lesser of all the other drug evils and I totally tapered off using the tramadol and ended up free of narcotics and it's such an easy solution but y'all can not believe me if you don't want to but I'm telling you it totally made coming off the more serious narcotics a lot easier than it would have been, no withdrawal occurred because you only take it when you start feeling that cold, clammy feeling and diarrhea coming on feeling. Just a couple of the tramadol, then stretch them out as long as you can and before you know it, a few days have gone by and you are done! It's worth a try, isn't it?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
(male)

ldewayne HB User

I am new here and have been tapering 4 about 7days. After the day 7, I began to experience horrible w/d. For 3 days it has been super hard. I find that even tapering is difficult. Well at 3 in the afternoon, I took 2 norcos and that lasted only about alittle more than a hour, and the w/d were coming back. Now since I know I am tapering, I must wait until 9 oclock before I take more. Well, I was so miserable, I rembered I had some xanax in the cabinet, so at 6pm I took 1mg and laid down, by 7:30-8, I was sleeping and the w/d were gone. I went to bed at 10pm, did not take anything and slept until 7:30. It is now 10:30 am and I still have not had w/d and have taken nothing. I aslo am curious is ok to periodically use xanax to releive the w/d suffering? I dont wont to create another problem. I am new here, but I have used tramadol from time to time to give my body a opiate brake and it did work. But need a more experienced person to anwser your question.

;30

Old 01-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
(male)

Addict3d HB User

Quick answer-YES, tramadol can help withdrawal from other opioids.

I've done it several times, withdrawing from hydrocodone. Stay under 400MG per 24 hours, I stay at 300 or under. There's a definite risk of seizures with tramadol, especially if you take it with an antidepressant, with another opioid, or go over the max 24 hour allowed dose. Be very careful with the stuff.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

If you're going to use Xanax for withdrawls, make sure you dont take it for longer than a week, to avoid substituting one dependency for another

Tramadol will partly supress the withdrawls from hydrocodone, provided you arnt taking an SSRI antidepressant (this is a dangerous combination)

100mg four times a day would be the usual starting dose, reduced to 50mg 4 times a day after 5 days or so, for another couple of days

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User

I am not looking for an argument either. But I think that everybody is different with their addictions, withdrawls and what works for one may or may not work for another one. but as someone said in an earlier post anything is worth a try. I am taking oxycodones and when i decide to quit, which is a post and a half worth of details, I take ritilin. Just a small does I will take half a pain pill in the am then wait a few hours and take a small dose of ritilin and it keeps me going bigtime with energy and it does help stave off the withdrawls. My doc tried to get me to take tramadols in the beginning for pain but they never worked. i never knew they were potentially addictive until i got on this site. however, try anything, just make sure u are doing it safely. I would wait until i knew my meds were out of my system before taking the other one. Not saying I did it totally safely but it does help.

Closed Thread