It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

carrara HB User
day 9 off percocet cold turkey

I have been reading this site since my day 1 or 2 I have finally decided to talk. I had been on perks for 3 years and have stopped 2 times but went back to them. My biggest problem is my husband is on them for a back injury and he is able to just take 2 a day and never go overboard with them like I always do. Nowing they are in the house makes it hard to not go looking for them. mostly now I just have no energy and all my muscles hurt. I am also on antidepressants (sp?) Does anyone have any advise?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
(female)

jmhin HB User
Re: day 9 off percocet cold turkey

Hi Carrara, welcome to the boards!

First, congratulations on reaching day 9 of being clean. You are nearing the end of the physical w/d symptoms....your energy will start coming back, although it might be slower than you would like. The muscle pain will start to ease soon too - It took about two whole weeks for the physical symptoms to ease up enough to where I felt better and somewhat like myself.

I also have to say, major kudos on being able to stay clean this long, having the medicine in the house makes it more difficult but you are doing it! You can keep doing it too - we're here to vent to, to talk to, a shoulder to lean on when you need it.

It's been a month for me and I honestly didn't think I could make it this far...this board helped tremendously...so keep posting!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

carrara HB User

thanks I don"t want to ever take them again. I have no faith in myself, I'm sitting here typing and crying. I wish I would stop being my own worst enemy.

Last edited by carrara; 02-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
(male)

subtrain HB User

Hi Carrara, your in the right place to find faith in yourself. Everyone here is so willing to share and help. I couldn't have C/T without their help and willingness to share their knowlege and expeiences.
At day 9 you have earned our faith and you should find faith in yourself soon. We know the last 9 days have been hell. Things will gradually begin to get better. They actually have been getting better since that point in time where you said enough is enough and quit putting that delusional poison in your mouth.
From that point on, even with all the suffering, your mind and body began to clear. Your spirit has begun to gain streangth. Your devil inside that loves to be medicated will play all kinds of tricks to get what he/she wants. Pain, suffering, doubt,weakness and more. A real bag of tricks to keep you dependent and not in control of your life. That devil has a real problem,.....YOU have decided YOU want YOU back in control. Try to focus on your committment to that goal. Stay committed to that goal.
After you get through the physical suffering, your emotional self should level a bit and you will be able to deal with the crying. God knows my wife never saw me cry so much. Not from the pain and suffering, I would just cry over nothing. I cried like that for about 15 days. Now looking back,....felt good. I had a lot to cry about. Now it's done. So, my advice there would be to cry as much as you want or can. Let it go! It will probably help in the long run.
Any other problems you may run into or specific questions that may arise, this board and all of these great people are a huge help. Their expiences are or have been similar to yours.
They not only know how wide the lake is.......that you have to swim now, but,......how deep it is too. They can help YOU know when it is time to put your feet down.
Good luck, my blessings, keep focussed and the suffering is temporary, very temporary in the long run. You can do it. Oh, you do have faith in yourself or you would not be at day 9. That's tough to do. Keep going!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
(female)

carrara HB User

thank-you Subtrain
I'm feeling better this morning. the weather out side is cold and it's snowing and very dull. These are the days that make my body ache, but I will not use that as an excuse to take a pill, not anymore. It's day 10 and I won't go back now. I just have to stay positive. It's funny how sometimes it's like it was yesterday that I was taking the pills and sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago. With the support of people on here like you I will stay clean,THANK YOU!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Carrara,

Welcome!!!! Congrats on making it to DAY 10!!!! That is great! You have gone thru hell and back already... there is more to come but it sounds like you have the strength to KEEP GOING! You have a lot to be proud of already!

I am over a 100 days clean and I am very proud of that... however, there have been a lot of ups and downs thru all those days... Right now, I'm in a down spot but I know with time it will move upward. That is something we all need to focus on... Nothing ever stays the same. I am counting on that!

I am so glad you decided to post! We are here for you and you can tell us or ask us anything. You are not alone anymore! I find it incredible that you are able to stay clean with those pills in the house! GOOD FOR YOU! You are a strong woman!

Wipe your tears and smile because you deserve it! It's okay to cry though! I cried a lot and I even cried last night... We all go thru a phase where we mourn our pills.. then things get better.. I cried last night because I was so frusterated. Crying is okay! It does help!

We are here for you!
Sending you a warm healing hug!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
(female)

carrara HB User

Thank-you Secrets
I only wish I had figured out earlier that the pain I felt every morning was withdrawl more then it was from my back problem.I wonder how many other people are in the same boat taking more and more pillsthat they don't really need. How I wish I had never had the first one. But we can't go back can we. Anyone who reads this, who is still taking perks for an old injury stop and question yourself! Is it real or is it the damm pills making your pain. Be sure I know a lot of people here have cronic pain that is VERY real but to anyone who is reading these boards without registering for days (like I did) maybe just maybe some of you are like me. You won't know unless you quit them and get past the withdrawl. I wasted 2 years on perks. I hope my words can help someone. Secrets you have helped so many people you must hold onto that when your down, the good days will out number the bad. Today I have faith...

Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Secrets1983 HB User

Hey Carrara,

GREAT JOB!!! Good for you to remain so positive and stay strong. You should be very proud!

Keep posting!! We are here for you!!!
Have a great day!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

mel486 HB User

Welcome Carrara!! I am celebrating 14 days since I went cold turkey today, so I am just a little ahead of you in your/our recovery. My energy has come back, but so have all my aches and pains that the Oxycodone covered up. I deal with them and I see them as a testament that I am drug free! My mind has started to clear up and I'm back to my writing again. My emotions are returning, which I love!! I also stopped all of the other drugs I was put on as well (Lyrica, Cymbalta, Skelaxin) just so I can find a new baseline. It's nice to be drug free, even though I crave it every minute of the day. But, that is my battle that I have to fight until I can get over it.

Congratulations to you and please stay with us and keep going! It is worth it. Fighting make your stronger! You'll love your live so much more once you kill the Oxy demon!!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
(female)

carrara HB User

Hi Denon today is day 11 for me and it has been the best one by far. I did all kinds of work around the house and don't feel like crap now!! What a change! My back only hurts a little bit and everything else is fine, no A535 mucsle cream making me stinkeither. My husband got his new script of perks today and that didn't bother me. Last night I took our truck to pick up my daughter and his pill bottle was in ther. I picked it up looked at it and put it right back!! 2 weeks ago I would have stollen 5 or 6 of them and taken all of them last night. I am so happy about that.
I was on cymbalta brfor ,but have swiched to a cobanation of wellbutran and cipralex which is working really good. If you were on it for depression, remember there is a good reason for taking them. It might make the withdrawl better for you. Just something to think about.
I hope you are having a good day! I'm thinking of you. Carrara

Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #11
(female)

carrara HB User

.Hi eveyone my flu/sinus ifection/ear infection is keeping me up tonight. I normally go to bed at 10pm Its like 4am now. Good thing I'm not working tomorow I tried the vix vaper round and greentea 5hour energy drinks thry have a lot of b vitamin.
<removed> Carrara

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-24-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: please respect the privacy of other members

Old 02-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #12
(female)

Lugar22 HB User

<removed>
Sorry that you are having a horrid attack of flu....sounds like you're pretty beat up. But,how fantastically well you are doing......even to pick up a bottle of your husbands and put it right back! WOW!! Thats a real inspiration for me seeing as my hubby also uses and Im struggling with me trying to give up and him still struggling with the want to give up(if you see what i mean). Its so great that you have not let his stuff slip you up.......Im so proud of you!!
I know its hard for you to be up all nighgt but how lovely for me that someones about this time of the morning. Normally Im the only one posting here now cause of the time difference.
Snuggle up with a hot water bottle and relish in the fact of how well you are doing!! That should make you feel better on the inside at least!!
Take care......love CC x0xox
<removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-24-2009 at 03:56 AM. Reason: please respect the privacy of other members

Old 02-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #13
(female)

crocheting HB User
Wink Re: day 9 off percocet cold turkey

I hope you are feeling ok today, I know this is really hard! I know because in the past two months I weened off of Oxycotin 120 mg per day time release. I do live in chronic pain...but for me personally the oxycotin made my pain worse, and awful depression set in! I. Have to be honest....it was very hard. I can't complain to much, because I still take my norco/hydro., which REALLY helped with th withdrawls but not the depression. Now I am weening the norco I need to be at 6 day...with chronic pain and the fact that I have been taking hydro. For several years...it hasn't been easy. We are all here for you....I will help in anyway I can. Post and keep us updated on how your doing through the day...it sure helps me.
Crocheting

Old 02-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #14
(female)

carrara HB User

Hi What is "hydro" I know its for pain but what is the whole name. Some drugs go by different name brands in Canada. For example on here people talk about Tramadol which goes by the brand name Zytram here.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
(female)

magpie1970 HB User

Hydro=hydrocodone, vicodin

Closed Thread